Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 01:58 AM

Default Re: TT in SB

flop action ...

UTG isn't exactly a tricky player (by stats ... looks like he plays an ABC game) ... and he'll likely give you pf OOP 3bet a little credit ... it's most likely that he'll be raising here with 88, TT, JJ (I'm leaning towards TT or JJ) and some off chance of KQ, AK of clubs

after MP and BTN cold call two - you should use a little caution now
possible holdings for the field are flush draws+overs +OESD+ISSD, another overpair and some retard holding a Nine of course (maybe these guys are retarded and one has A6 or some crap) ... but when you combine all that and you certainly don't have equity to 3bet

that you did - whatever - guess you can call it 'informational' (lol)

on the turn ... had you not 3bet flop and lead this would be an easy fold ... but since you artificially created a giant pot while behind I can't see folding after BTN raise (clearly UTG is not folding JJ and you have 2 outs in a giant pot and are likely to collect a number of bets on the ... I would think donking would be great as it looks like a wa/wb line and might get and extra bet from MP and hoping that BTN raises)

on the river ... after UTG calls (and has called so many bets he'll likely have you beat)
Old 06-08-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Prob not popular around here, but this hand is actually a reason that I don't 3 bet here preflop OOP unless you have a couple of big fish in the hand where you have huge equity edge. You talk yourself into making what I think are -EV postflop call downs because the pot is too big.

[/ QUOTE ]

you have enough equity 4 way with TT pf to 3-bet your hand I think....Are you 3-betting JJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

how about you SHOW ...
Old 06-08-2007, 02:08 AM

Miles,

MP1 would have to be a pretty special kind of retard to play a straight, 95, 55, 66, or 96 like this. I mean, it's not impossible, but yeah, a special kind of retard. He'd be even more special if he had 94 here. If button has trips w/ a decent kicker or better he should def. raise, but that doesn't mean he's smart enough to. It's morel likely button is retarded enough not to raise than it is that MP1 is so fare gone to play something that beats trips in this horrible manner. Getting 22.5:1, I don't think there's any way we can fold this river.

The turn is much more debatable. I'm not convinced either way yet.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:13 AM

it's 4-way, not heads up. he should just call.

SB obviously has an overpair. UTG+1 often has one too. MP1 has 44 here somewhat often and the "sure" call from SB and the likely call from UTG+1 outweigh giving them an easy laydown to try to get value from MP1.

obviously this involves thinking that they don't employ, i'm just saying he should just call.

the big thing in this hand is that the turn is a fold. well lol me in the butt it isn't a fold because of implied odds for spiking a ten. holla.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
viable since your hand isnt even too far ahead of UTG+1's range and you have to play oop the whole time. but if you look at 3betting vs. not 3betting preflop, the hand is going to be similarly easy or hard to play postflop

[/ QUOTE ]

That's very true, but what of being ahead of the other two players in the hand?

[ QUOTE ]
the turn shouldn't be a hard fold, and i don't know if calling the river even after this action is +ev. button definitely should just call now if he has trips and i could see even calling there with 87. aaaand beyond all that we still have to hope UTG+1 doesn't have JJ or QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you folding the river if not the turn? Also, isn't UTG+1 capping JJ, QQ pf?
Old 06-08-2007, 10:51 AM

Last week I folded a couple of 20BB pots for 1 bet against unknowns on the river where I "had" to be beat and would've won, so I would call this down, and am probably never again folding an overpair in a 20BB pot for 1 bet without a read.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:18 PM

This was actually the whole point of this post. Never fold in a large pot for 1 bet, even when you think there's no way you can win. I know this is common sense for most of you, and should've been for me, but common sense isn't so common sometimes, and so I thought I'd share this experience with everyone, just to show how devestating folding on the river for 1 bet can really be.

Sharpie, thanks for sharing too.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:09 PM

Calls to close the action because of pot size, but I'd rather fold. We're up against a boat, trips, and an overpair? Maybe UTG+1 has AK clubs?

I'm only calling because i don't think we're getting raised again (UTG+1 turned into a calling station in the middle of the hand) and the pot is huge.

Edit: Saw a few mention folding the turn. As someone said, implied odds of spiking a T are huge, and the pot is already very large. We could get as many as 8-10 more bets on the river if we hit the T, probably at least 6.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:29 PM

flop 3 bet is good, you have to push the equity right there.. As turn. i would probably fold the turn, but since you called the turn, it wouldnt make sense if you fold the river. Call and nh