Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 01:05 AM

Default Re: 2/4 PLO Cash hand advice needed

[ QUOTE ]
Is it going to scare off AAxx with NFD? I think this is a strong bet by vic, why over-commit yourself with non-nut draws and a pair that's never good?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously AAxx with hearts is the worst-case scenario, but there are a lot of hands that we're in great shape against. Something like JT98 is going to be dominated and against most hands either our pair will be ahead or else our draw will be live. When we get all-in, we'll usually have less than 50% equity, but with some fold equity and the dead money already in the pot, it can still be a profitable push.

This is a close enough decision that I'd really need either a read or at least a feel for how the 2/4 games tend to play on Full Tilt. Is there a lot of preflop raising or is this going to be AA a large portion of the time? Do people tend to C-bet weaker hands and then fold to raises? I really don't like a smooth-call here even in position since we don't have any idea which cards are good for us, but I could see a push or a fold depending on game conditions.