Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 08:35 AM

Default Re: Anyone watch the democratic debate?

I would think an Edwards-Obama ticket is the right idea... Although from the debate, I got the feeling that Edwards/Dodd are secret lovers- anyone else notice that?
Old 06-04-2007, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I still don't think any of these candidates are actually electable. Still waiting for Mr. Gore to participate.

[/ QUOTE ]
If the dems lose the election, would this be considered the biggest choke of all time?
Old 06-04-2007, 09:26 AM

You mean if Gore doesn't join in, and they lose?

I don't think so. He's been saying how he's lost his love for politics, etc etc, and how he doesn't plan on running, so I mean, that's his choice. We're all just hoping he changes his mind.

I think if he runs and loses, he'll probably kill himself, which would also be bad.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:29 AM

is there a link to the debate anywhere, fox and msnbc had theirs up right away, but i can't find it on cnn
Old 06-04-2007, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. He's been saying how he's lost his love for politics, etc etc, and how he doesn't plan on running, so I mean, that's his choice. We're all just hoping he changes his mind.

I think if he runs and loses, he'll probably kill himself, which would also be bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
No I'm saying that as of right now all of the Dem candidates not only are awful, they all seem as you said, unelectable. Assuming Gore doesn't get into the race, no matter who the Dems pick, if they lose the Presidential election it has to be considered a massive choke right?

Also, definitely agree Gore would kill himself if he lost again hahahahahahhaha
Old 06-04-2007, 10:33 AM

I only watched the second half, and I thought Hillary did the best.

Frankly, it's very hard to be objective about these things, though. Most of us tend to be most impressed with the candidates we already like (though I really don't have a personal favorite yet).

Also, it's simplistic to view the debate just as a contest between the candidates. To a large degree, the candidates are just as interested in addressing their own weaknesses, as they are in bashing the others.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No I'm saying that as of right now all of the Dem candidates not only are awful, they all seem as you said, unelectable. Assuming Gore doesn't get into the race, no matter who the Dems pick, if they lose the Presidential election it has to be considered a massive choke right?

Also, definitely agree Gore would kill himself if he lost again hahahahahahhaha

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

Edwards is starting to grow on me. Here's the thing with him though, he voted for the war, and is now against it...But he admits he made a mistake. I think thats AWESOME, but then at the same time, I know he's just admitting it for political reasons, so that cancels it out, you know? But then again, 99% of what these people do is for political reasons.

I really do like Edwards message of restoring America's moral authority, credibility, etc - I think this is extremly important.

Hillary has a lot of double talk going on, voting for the war, and then voting to fund it until the last time, and even then she waited to see what other democrats would do. And I hate how she calls it Bush's war, when she and congress vote to fund it.

Obama, same thing, although I like him more than Hillary, I also don't think he's got enough experience. Although I'm not sure how much that matters with a cabinet and what not, Washington wasn't experienced either. But he's a young black man, and I really don't see him being able to win the general election.

Edit: As I was thinking about all this, I realized what I wrote sounds very uncertain, and that is sort of my point. No candidate is really jumping out at me, saying "I'M THE ONE!" And we really need a candidate like that.

Gore has the credibility, he was the first public figure to speak out against the war, he has the experience on a national and international level, he's nominated for a nobel peace prize, AND he's become SO much more likeable.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...&q=AL+GORE

Who would have thought he'd talk like that in 2000?

I want to see him run! I think he'll win the election if he does, I really do.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Gore has the credibility, he was the first public figure to speak out against the war, he has the experience on a national and international level, he's nominated for a nobel peace prize, AND he's become SO much more likeable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who would have thought he'd talk like that in 2000?
I definitely agree with this, and think his PR has been fantastic in the last couple of years. He has brilliantly positioned himself as the "reluctant politician" right now, and does not appear a sore loser as he did immediately following 2000. The environmental stuff provided a great alternative public theatre to politics for Gore to whore himself in and he kept himself very visible. Anyways without Gore the Democrats are just lucky there is just as much confusion and lack of a candidate for the majority to unite behind on the Republicans side.

God no matter who wins in 2008 politics will continue to suck (realistically Ron Paul has no shot [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img])
Old 06-04-2007, 03:18 PM

The majority will unite behind Thompson.
I'll be shocked if he isn't the nominee for the Repubs.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:06 PM

I watched part. I think Hillary is doing fine. She looks better than she's looked in a while (except for the shots from the rear) and she's not shrill in her speaking style. I think she will be the next president.