Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2007, 09:36 PM

Default Re: Want to Up My Game

Its pretty obvious that you are completely clueless when it comes to poker.
Just play 50NL and learn to beat it. I am sorry that it sounds harsh but its what any pro which is reading this think.
When you win like 20-25buyin at that level, move up and try to repeat, then move up again and raise the cap of won buyin to like 50 before moving up again.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:40 PM

Yeah, don't take this the wrong way, but you probably suck at a poker. Hang out in SSNL, learn as much as you can, work your way up.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its pretty obvious that you are completely clueless when it comes to poker.
Just play 50NL and learn to beat it. I am sorry that it sounds harsh but its what any pro which is reading this think.
When you win like 20-25buyin at that level, move up and try to repeat, then move up again and raise the cap of won buyin to like 50 before moving up again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've read some of your posts, DMS, and this man is right. Go read all the micro stakes essential reading, then go read all SSNL essential reading, then soak up as much SSNL strategy posts a day as you feel is right. Grind out 50NL until you feel confident enough for 100NL. Move up and repeat until you hit 200NL. Repeat repeat repeat as you hopefully fly up in stakes. If you're a loser at 50NL, move down to 25NL. If you're a loser at 25NL, uhh... reload I guess.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:14 PM

Thanks for all the constructive advice folks (sarcasm)
Old 06-03-2007, 10:31 PM

ban the troll
Old 06-03-2007, 10:36 PM

The advice is good, if you can't take criticism you shouldn't be posting here.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are your reccomendations?

[/ QUOTE ]

open fold
Old 06-03-2007, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I might even put in 25k hands of NL 50...beat that game, get confident, experiement,etc. then move up to NL 100 when you hopefully have around $3000-3500. Play a few MTTs when you have cash games going to give your roll a potential shot in the arm in the way of a MTT score.

[/ QUOTE ]

i really like this idea, i used to crush tournies and made so many final tables but never that huge win, i'd love to try this and get a big score.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:55 PM

You'll find the advice you want to hear somewhere buddy!
Old 06-03-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd like to start off with a roll of 10-15 buy-ins for 2/4, but it would take me a while to save $4-6k. I don't want to go back to playing 1/2 because there's truly no respect for money at that level. Not that I think it will be way better at 2/4, 2/5, but at least a little better is an improvement.

Right now, I'd say I have about 1200-1500 to work with. What are your reccomendations?

[/ QUOTE ]

as others have posted. Stay in SSNL. 1200-1500 won't get you very far above that.

You should really work your way up gradually, as others have stated. That does 2 things for you, first, you won't have to "save" the money if you win it. Second, it will increase your self confidence in your game, and give you experience, and ultimately allow you to play better, and potentially win.

Your comments on 1/2 NL are way off base. You should "want" to be playing the players that have no respect for money. They are your long term "customers". If you don't realize this, then you have a real fundamental misunderstanding of the game.

You are gravely mistaken if you think your profits will increase at 2/4 and higher. Quite the opposite... the players don't donk off their money because they "do respect money".

The problem for you, is that you won't get their money, you'll probably donk your money off with trouble hands, like KQ into AK, QJ into AQ, JJ into QQ etc.

You should really look at your HH's as well, and really figure out if you're taking bad beats, or if you're setting yourself up for failure, i.e. making loose calls and trapping yourself with trouble hands like AJ, KQ, KJ, QJ, AQ, KT, JJ, etc. you get the idea.

Study up on BR management, stay in low stakes, and work on your fundamentals.

Take it slow, walk before you run [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] GL