FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 02:42 AM

Default Re: 200PS: 99 in blind battle

sorry. call, bet/fold safe turn.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what about betting pot 35ish and folding to raise... this is clearly better in case youre calling such a costly bet from him (also i dont think he does this with overcards...) because if you just call here you dont know where you stand and youre OOP! if you just bet and he raises, thats a clear fold imo then because he reraised you twice (ppl raising that flop with overcards are nonexisting probably)...

comments please...

[/ QUOTE ]
and I think a lot of people will raise that bet with overcards sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

-> never ever (in 100k hands nl100 ive never seen that, allthough i admit its hard to see, because it rarely comes to showdown)

i dont know what ppl want with call reeval turn?!?! what do you want to reeval, you know NOTHING about his handstrengh and are FIRST TO ACT AGAIN?!?!?!?!?! what if JQKA falls on turn (when in your opinion he might have overcards its super scary so you should raise flop), but imo he has BIG PP and youre ASH allready...

opinions?
Old 06-05-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what about betting pot 35ish and folding to raise... this is clearly better in case youre calling such a costly bet from him (also i dont think he does this with overcards...) because if you just call here you dont know where you stand and youre OOP! if you just bet and he raises, thats a clear fold imo then because he reraised you twice (ppl raising that flop with overcards are nonexisting probably)...

comments please...

[/ QUOTE ]
and I think a lot of people will raise that bet with overcards sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

-> never ever (in 100k hands nl100 ive never seen that, allthough i admit its hard to see, because it rarely comes to showdown)

i dont know what ppl want with call reeval turn?!?! what do you want to reeval, you know NOTHING about his handstrengh and are FIRST TO ACT AGAIN?!?!?!?!?! what if JQKA falls on turn (when in your opinion he might have overcards its super scary so you should raise flop), but imo he has BIG PP and youre ASH allready...

opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please just tell me somebody with a clue, if this aint correct... Im recently on super large downswing and its going for 30k hands now and im unsure about things...

discuss please (think also this is an important spot, which comes often similar)

thanks!
Old 06-06-2007, 12:04 PM

I hate it as well, and I don't hold the answers... I think most people are a bit unsure about this, and they hesistate to answer. I lean towards c/c flop, b/f a non-A,K turn, but I hate putting that much of the money in with a weak pair.

c/c flop and c/f turn is also possible, but that is pretty bad against players who frequently 2-barrel...
Old 06-06-2007, 12:37 PM

What makes the most sense is to raise the flop to around 100-105. Villain will probably push or fold. If he pushes, we know we are beat and have an easy fold. This way we take the pot when we are ahead and might get better hands to fold. The times he calls will be very hard to play, and will depend on reads.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:39 PM

yikes wtf is everyone talking about

call flop, always check turn
Old 06-06-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This advice sucks. The only value this has is in extracting bluffs from AK/AQ/other high cards. The problem is is our passive line will make it extremely difficult to read whether villain is valuebetting or 2nd/3rd barrelling. Even in our best case scenario against these high cards, one of them will fall by the river like 70% of the time, making our decision even harder. The best thing to do is repop/fold flop. It will get high cards to fold and might make something better like 1010/JJ fold as well. It will make it crystal clear where we are at.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This advice sucks. The only value this has is in extracting bluffs from AK/AQ/other high cards. The problem is is our passive line will make it extremely difficult to read whether villain is valuebetting or 2nd/3rd barrelling. Even in our best case scenario against these high cards, one of them will fall by the river like 70% of the time, making our decision even harder. The best thing to do is repop/fold flop. It will get high cards to fold and might make something better like 1010/JJ fold as well. It will make it crystal clear where we are at.

[/ QUOTE ]

raising purely for info is almost always bad
Old 06-06-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What makes the most sense is to raise the flop to around 100-105. Villain will probably push or fold. If he pushes, we know we are beat and have an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

By raise/folding this flop, we turn 99 into complete air. DUCY?
Old 06-06-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The best thing to do is repop/fold flop. It will get high cards to fold and might make something better like 1010/JJ fold as well. It will make it crystal clear where we are at.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ughh...seriously? Trying to get people to fold over-pairs in SSNL is never a good thing. Raise/folding is seriously awful here. It turns our hand into a complete bluff. Villain never calls/shoves w/ worse...and never folds any hand we're behind.

I also think a C/C, lead the turn line really sucks too. I mean would you ever play QQ+ like that?

I C/C the flop...and probably C/F the turn w/o more of a read. Weak? Maybe. I just don't see too many players 2 barreling w/ overs in 3-bet pots.