Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2007, 10:12 PM

Default Re: 3/6 AK Deep

I call as well and most likely fold to a river bet. I don't like shoving the turn.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this is a pretty tough spot, i think you have the same hand 30-40% of the time here. personally i would call one more street, possibly fold river to more heat, but that seems pretty weak... im very interested to hear everyones line on this hand

[/ QUOTE ]
I think its close between just calling (intending to fold river if he pushes river) and pushing turn if you continue with the hand leaning towards pushing actually. He might fold the same hand as you if you push and there is a chance that he has something like A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Also, I really dont like a pf 4-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q:heart is much more likely to C/R either the flop or turn here, fwiw.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it AQ:heart is much more likely to C/R either the flop or turn here, fwiw.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way this is true for the average 18/16 at 200bb. It is a pretty ugly and transparent line to c/r this flop anyways imo.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:10 AM

I'd probably 4bet preflop with these stacks. As played, I'd probably fold this turn as this is most likely AA, KK, TT, and AK. 3/4 of his range has u beat, and you'd have to face a big river bet unless a major scare card hit which would slow him down, so I'd just pitch it here and save ur $.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I 4-bet this PF, and fold to shove. You put pressure on QQ-TT/AK. I really hate calling PF in this spot, since we never win that much with the best hand against the nit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why you would do this. Might as well have 27o to do this, only difference is that on occasion villain will flat call our 4bet and obv AKs > 27o. Still, it doesn't seem correct to 4 bet / fold AK under any circumstance. You should be 4 betting for value, not as a bluff.

I like flat calling preflop this deep. As played, it really depends on how you view each other. If he is extremely straightforward then I would fold the turn. Otherwise, I'm calling the turn and re-evaluating the river. The good thing about calling the turn is that when we are beat there are a lot of river cards that will scare better hands into giving us a cheap/free showdown, and he will very rarely continue a bluff at this point when we call big bets on all 3 streets.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:48 AM

Obviously he is going to flat call a bigger range than he shoves in this spot.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I 4-bet this PF, and fold to shove. You put pressure on QQ-TT/AK. I really hate calling PF in this spot, since we never win that much with the best hand against the nit.

[/ QUOTE ]

With this logic, wouldn't folding be better?