Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 02:19 PM

Default Re: Kevorkian released - prepare for media euthanasia fest

I haven't thought about it at great length, but medically assisted suicide doesn't seem like a particularly bad thing to me. That said, Kevorkian also does seem like a bit of a weirdo. With his release impending, I remember reading somewhere recently that he would just leave some of his clients in motel beds. That seems pretty [censored] weird to me. This bit from Wikipedia (I know, LOL Wikipedia, but these seem like verifiable facts):

[ QUOTE ]
Kevorkian graduated in 1952 from the University of Michigan medical school, specializing in pathology. In 1970, he became the chief pathologist at Saratoga General Hospital in Detroit.

Early in his medical career, he showed a recurrent interest in the subject of death: In 1956, he published a journal article, "The Fundus Oculi and the Determination of Death", about his attempt to photograph the eyes of patients at the moment of death--a paper that first won him the nickame "Doctor Death". A paper he presented in December 1958 that advocated consensual experiments on convicts during executions led the University of Michigan to ask him to terminate his residency. A 1961 article in The American Journal of Clinical Pathology described his efforts to transfuse blood from dead bodies into living patients.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do admire that he was willing to risk prison for his convictions.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
are you leveling?
it was obviously a joke

[/ QUOTE ]
Obvious how? There are enough 'tards on here that it is impossible to differentiate between someone who was serious or someone who was joking and decided not to use [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] or [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] because they were trying to "level" people.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
are you leveling?
it was obviously a joke

[/ QUOTE ]
Obvious how? There are enough 'tards on here that it is impossible to differentiate between someone who was serious or someone who was joking and decided not to use [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] or [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] because they were trying to "level" people.

[/ QUOTE ]

saying YSSCKY in a thread about euthanasia/Dr. K makes it a pretty obvious, yet decent joke imo.