Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 03:16 PM

Default Re: Fantasy conundrum - Francisco Liriano

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Glaus and Randy for Liriano seems like a steal to me. Sure they are injury prone, but Randy is a k machine this year, and Glaus will still likely hit 30 plus Homers w/SS eligibilty. If you can get more then that, by all means go for it. If thats the kind of offers you get for Liriano i would certainly lean towards dealing him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree

[/ QUOTE ]

Also agree. Liriano might not play again, ever. I would even say a pretty good chance he never plays again.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you basing your statement on? Many pitchers have come back stronger than ever after Tommy John surgery.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On a similar note, is Mark Prior worth hanging on to? I've had him for 3 years now in my keeper league and am probably wasting my time, but with 25 man rosters it's not that bad. I actually won the team 10 league last year, and this year am in third thus far, so it's not really hurting my squad to have him, but is it even worth a spot on him at this point?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless your league has a minor league or DL spot for him, no dump him.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On a similar note, is Mark Prior worth hanging on to? I've had him for 3 years now in my keeper league and am probably wasting my time, but with 25 man rosters it's not that bad. I actually won the team 10 league last year, and this year am in third thus far, so it's not really hurting my squad to have him, but is it even worth a spot on him at this point?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless your league has a minor league or DL spot for him, no dump him.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 06-01-2007, 04:43 PM

Location: /goggles fill up with tears / oh crap hold on can\'t see anything

how can you possibly not make this trade unless your team is already out of it
Old 06-01-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how can you possibly not make this trade unless your team is already out of it

[/ QUOTE ]

The thought that I can still compete this year and have Liriano next year? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I mean, yeah, that's the point of the thread, to see if I'm just overthinking all of this right now (which I probably am).
Old 06-01-2007, 05:07 PM

Location: /goggles fill up with tears / oh crap hold on can\'t see anything

[ QUOTE ]
The thought that I can still compete this year and have Liriano next year? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I mean, yeah, that's the point of the thread, to see if I'm just overthinking all of this right now (which I probably am).

[/ QUOTE ]

what about the good chance that johnson has more fantasy value than liriano next year?
Old 06-01-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what about the good chance that johnson has more fantasy value than liriano next year?

[/ QUOTE ]

Valid point. To provide some additional background, we're limited on the number of keepers we can have, along with "rookie" level keepers, so there are some considerations there - giving up a rookie keeper spot for a guy that I might not be able to keep next year.

But yeah, you have a valid point.

Deal I'm hoping for right now, which would really screw my rookie keepers but oh well - Liriano and Chris Young for Sizemore and another player.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:30 PM

I had Liriano last year in an auction keeper league at a pretty good price, and was pissed when he went down. I was lucky enough to throw him back and get him cheaper (like ridiculously cheap if he can perform anywhere near where he can). My league also has a minor league/DL/reserve list and you can replace DL players immediately after the draft, so getting him back was a no brainer.

In your situation, as some have said, if you don't have some sort of reserve list and you think you can win now, you need to dump him.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Valid point. To provide some additional background, we're limited on the number of keepers we can have, along with "rookie" level keepers, so there are some considerations there - giving up a rookie keeper spot for a guy that I might not be able to keep next year.

Deal I'm hoping for right now, which would really screw my rookie keepers but oh well - Liriano and Chris Young for Sizemore and another player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow if you league allows that trade they are morons. Sizemore is a top 20 keeper. Even if Liriano was healthy and stayed at his pace he would have been border top 20 and keeper hitters are always > keeper pitchers. I mean if you can do it and no one whines, go for it. Obviously they value Liriano more then anyone in my keeper leagues. But in the end, definetly move Liriano, since his value in your league is wayyyy to high compared to what he will most likely do next year. Get a Butler, Braun, Justin Upton etc. for your rookie spot.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you can pull this off, you're buying rounds tonight. This would be a remarkable steal.

As a Glaus owner, I am nervous about his current health problems continuing and worsening. He's already getting a few days off at a time every once in a while, and you can tell that he's in pretty serious pain with the bone spur in his heel. However, it just seems like there's too much value in the Randy-Glaus deal not to do it (if the Sizemore one falls through). It addresses the Rolen disaster at 3B and your SP weakness.

-SonnyJay