Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 12:37 PM

Default Re: UltimateBet - We need to handle this

What's worse? The Prima network or UB?

Also, I think it's funny whenever someone complains about FTP's customer service, which appears to be much better than many other sites. It's just that Stars' service is absolutely outstanding.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:23 PM

Looks to me like they're just doing fraud prevention, nothing wrong with that. I've had no problems moving money out of UB.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:59 PM

I personally think a lot of the problems stem on UB from the fact that they where sold and are going nowhere and doing nothing.

Add in the fact that they where bought by a company that doesn't have the greatest customer support and it doesn't help anything at all.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
further, tho we hear lots of alarming posts on here, i can not remember one instance where the situation was not resolved, albeit often in an unprofessional and lengthy process.

[/ QUOTE ]
This sort of misses the point. UltimateBet's approach seem to be as follows:

1. Reject a cashout and provide vague or incorrect information about the problem. Accuse the player of fraud over something that obviously isn't. Demand that the player justify himself.

2. Ignore all emails attempting to resolve the problem. UB is pretty good about other emails but as soon as a cashout problem arises they stop responding.

3. If the player repeats the cashout request, wait a couple of days and then silently cancel it without any explanation at all.

I personally experienced this treatment over a year ago and we've seen an enormous and growing number of similar complaints.

I think at this point most customers just give up. The money stays on deposit and either they abandon it or they donk around until it is gone. Once in a while a persistant customer goes to step 4:

4. The customer screams endlessly. He takes his complaint to a major forum such as 2+2 or possibly involves a major affiliate. UB resolves this one specific complaint and does nothing to fix the underlying system.

They don't need to win them all because they are playing a numbers game. They've set the system up so that people get snagged and rely on wearing many of them down.

I recognize that you want to believe it's merely bad service. There was a time when I thought that too. But UB's service is in most respects quite good. Their "bad service" is specifically related to cashouts. Intentional or not, their bad cashout service must be very profitable so that they have an enormous disincentive to fix it. Despite a lot of dreadful publicity the problem has actually gotten much worse in the past year.

[ QUOTE ]
lots of ppl have had no problems with ub. ive transferred 10s of thousands. i swapped for my 20k+ neteller balance on ub. in the last 6 monthes, ive made numerous 10k cashouts (by check) and a 20k. even did a bank wire for 5k.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sincerely glad you've been OK and I hope it stays that way.

You sound like a VIP-type player at UB whereas I've never played a lot there. I can understand why you aren't having any problems. I don't think it shows they aren't deliberately screwing ordinary players. UB reminds me of a store clerk who is constantly shorting the out-of-town customers and then apologizing to the handful who catch him. All honest errors no doubt [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].
Old 06-01-2007, 06:05 PM

Fwiw, in the past week I've withdrawn $4,000 to Epassport without issue.

I have a $2,000 bank wire that left pending today, so we'll see what happens to that in a week or so.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:28 PM

UB has always had a hint of shadiness to them, even before the AP/UB marriage. It's just much worse and more widespread now.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:03 PM

I've also never had a problem with UB and I'm definitely not a VIP calibur player - never having even had 5 digits on their site. I've withdrawn 4 times in the past couple of months from UB to epassporte including my entire roll on one account and all withdrawals have been extremely prompt (to epass).

Alot of the small/micro limit player problems came from people exploiting UB's [previous] > 100% rakeback. I'd imagine they are just legitimately working to prevent money laundering from the higher stakes players in this issue.

UB may be aggressive about exploiting players they believe are exploiting, but I definitely wouldn't call them rogue.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:15 PM

UB has Bots... If you dont want to play bots then dont play UB go and play FTP where they actually do something or play poker stars where they do something too about the bot problem. I HATE BOTS...

-MrGatorade (Crazy Mike)
Old 06-02-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UB may be aggressive about exploiting players they believe are exploiting, but I definitely wouldn't call them rogue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any site that retroactively changes bonus terms and changes rakeback and affiliate terms on existing players is a rogue IMO.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:55 PM

I am having a problem with my UB cashout also. I made a cashout for 1500$ 3 months ago via bank wire and haven't recieved my money yet. They do not respond to my emails promptly ( they haven't responded to my last email, for 10 days)and it looks like they are just ignoring me and don't want to fix my problem.
I am getting really frustrated about it, and don't know what to do.