Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 06:17 AM

Default Re: The UltimateBet Issue

i haven't had any serious problems with UB cashouts though things can get annoying. i think you need to give specifics here, i also have no heard of anyone else having problems.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:37 AM

I also play there and have never had any problems with cashouts...up until about a week ago. I withdrew some large sums via check and basically still been waiting on them.

One of my original checks for a previous cashout got lost in the mail? Or [censored] up in their system? Bottom line is I didn't receive it so I asked them to cancel that check and wire to me or put it back in my account.

All these issues are still pending for me so I haven't seen any shadow of the money. I am rather worried but I hope all goes well.

Also, I have a wire transfer that is supposed to come through Monday. As you can see I've exhaused all avenues of cashing out available.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:52 AM

jmx, i got a couple of checks from them. at firs tthey told me it was only 4-7 days. then a couple weeks later i told them i wanted to cancel it (figuring it was lost in mail or something went wrong) which they said they could only cancel if i physically possessed the check. then 3 weeks later i got an email saying checks take 3 weeks and i also received the check. bank wires have gone flawlessly for me, gl toou.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:04 AM

I dont play there because I have heard these horror stories for a looong time. Similar to Prima horror stories which made me withdraw from there (right before they completely stopped allowing US players - yay). Good luck guys. I know the games might be good there, but these things really should make people weigh the difference in games between UB and a place like Stars and think about where you want to keep hundreds of thousands of dollars online. Not saying I want you fools in my Stars games...
Old 06-01-2007, 11:25 AM

I'm also in the 'had 0 problems cashing out many large checks from UB then the most recent one i cashed out is nowhere to be seen despite waiting longer than usual' camp.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:16 PM

I know I had said I would not post here any more, but obviously this situation is different. I am extremely concerned about my money at UB. Until recently, I had had no problems. However, my latest cashout (which was for a large sum (six figures)) has been a total mess.

I made the cashout request on April 19th. At that time, I received an email saying that my cashout has been processed. On May 9th, I received ten different emails, each of which was saying that a check for 12000 is being sent (the last email was in the amount of the rest of the balance).

I had not received anything until three days ago. During that time, I wrote multiple e-mails to them and kept getting responses in which they said they changed payment processors, and that it can take 4-6 weeks, etc.

Three days ago, I received two checks. One for 5000 and one for 2500. Neither amount was one of the amounts indicated in their e-mail to me. I wrote them about this, and their response was: "we are sorry you are having problems, but once your cashout request is sent to our payment processor, it is out of our hands." WTF???

So basically, I have received 7500 of my more than 100K cashout, more than 6 weeks after my request, and as far as the balance, "it is out of their hands."

I was already concerned, but now that I hear that others are having problems as well, I am extremely worried that they might be making off with our money now that their site is losing so much traction.

I am wondering what course of action we should take now. I don't know what to do, but I agree with whitelime that we should band together and do something. Perhaps threaten (or actually take) legal action?

I will be out of town with no internet access for three days starting in a few hours, but I will come back and check this thread on Monday night.

Samo
Old 06-01-2007, 12:28 PM

sounds like they are having lots of problems with this new payment processor.

and i dont think whitelime's issue, about not being about to withdraw money without first having made a deposit is super standard for sites, before and after the bill, right?
Old 06-01-2007, 12:30 PM

Default another thing

I used to have a VIP contact at UB: a guy whom I and the other high rollers could contact via phone, e-mail, or IM. I periodically checked in with him just to inquire about the general health of UB. However, about a month and a half ago, he simply disappeared. He did not answer phone calls or e-mails, and the IM was discontinued or disabled.

When I asked UB about that in an e-mail, they said that they cannot comment on anything regarding specific employees. I asked them for a new contact or a new phone number where I could speak with a representative - and they simply refused.

This is pretty scary.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:48 PM

just a MSNL'er here, but a month or so ago they wouldn't let me cashout cause of some "you recieved this money through a transfer" bs. I had made some transfers yeah, but I put in a fair number of hands afterwards. And like a shiteload of hands beforehand, the account is like 3 years old

So I created a new account, and transfered all my money into it :/
Old 06-01-2007, 01:01 PM

I wrote this letter after seeing this thread, hopefully they will respond with something:

As one of the players who plays a huge amount on your site generating a ton of money every month for rake, i have to say that i dont like what i have been hearing about your cashout problems.

Here is a thread: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post10610262 , from 2+2, the internet's largest poker discussion forums, talking about the countless problems that people have had using your cashout services. Lots of people including myself are worried since we keep a great deal of money on your site. I suggest that one of your managers or site operators respond to this thread, bc if myself and other players dont feel like their money is safe we will simply play on one of several other sites that can execute payouts in much shorter periods of time. pokerstars and full tilt poker both have waiting times of less than a week for most cashouts.

We would like to continue playing on your site, but if these and other similar problems keep showing up in an increasing amount, then we may be forced to do the prudent thing and put our money on a site which we know will be safe and secure. Please respond to that thread, as well as to my email asap.

thanks,

AngrySunbear

-----------------------------------------------

In the past, I have only received prompt responses from UB when using threats, so hopefully this will elicit a quick response.

Maybe other people could write letters too?

Hope this helps.