Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Planet Hollywood Hotel?

Thanks for the feedback... I actually read people_mover's TR the other day.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:05 PM

I posted another review after the original thread which can be found here: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=3&vc=1

Also, the 20.00 trick DOES work at least with the younger asian looking fellow that helped me. He knew exactly what he was doing just put a 20 spot in between your D.L and C.C. and ask if there are any complimentary upgrades available. Boom 21st floor suite overlooking the strip for 6 days!!

The room is very nice and it's a shame it's not full. The lighting is awesome & the floor management staff is super nice. I got a comp for 15.00 for Planet Dailies when I did a 17 hour shift. My friend got a free buffet another day, so just ask nicely and you'll get what you want. The dealers are good and fast. Only saw 1 or 2 mistakes. Tell Chico to quit saying "ship it" whenever he pushes a pot lol [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2007, 03:05 PM

Some pics of the poker room that I took in a visit. Cell phone cameras suck for quality btw.

Old 05-31-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WOW------
The Grinder......
I have to rush right out now to go play there.
Maybe he can do what DN could not do for the Wynn.

[/ QUOTE ]

But Daniel didn't allow himself to be used in Wynn marketing and it wasn't discussed on their website, and he only played his HU challenge games there. Other than that, he was never to be found at the Wynn. There were some accusations that he was playing with the house money through a loophole, that Wynn invested in his company as a quid pro quo. Of course this was never proven, and would likely be legal even if it was true.

Just checked the PH site, there is no mention of the Grinder.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:17 PM

Not 100% true. I used to Play at Wynn and DN would be playing in the 5/10 through 25/50 NL games regularly before the heads up stuff even began. Basically, DN wasn't happy that he could only play at Wynn and not elsewhere with the bigger games. Plus management at Wynn probably realized that a pro host idea sucks as most tourists looking to play with one, cannot afford to play the limits they are playing and therefore brings in no extra business from the star gazers and pro watchers.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:20 PM

OP,

Wandered through there this weekend. Chick holding the door open was hot, but there weren't any hot chicks playing blackjack.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not 100% true. I used to Play at Wynn and DN would be playing in the 5/10 through 25/50 NL games regularly before the heads up stuff even began. Basically, DN wasn't happy that he could only play at Wynn and not elsewhere with the bigger games. Plus management at Wynn probably realized that a pro host idea sucks as most tourists looking to play with one, cannot afford to play the limits they are playing and therefore brings in no extra business from the star gazers and pro watchers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt know that he was playing NL there before the HU challenge, thats news to me. Thanks! But I find it hard to believe the deal was canceled because he wanted to play elsewhere, Daniel barely plays poker live in Vegas lately.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But I find it hard to believe the deal was canceled because he wanted to play elsewhere, Daniel barely plays poker live in Vegas lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lately yes, but don't forget, this is going on 2 years ago now that he was working there, and that lasted 6 months maybe. I have some friends who deal there and got the same story from each of them. He wanted to play bigger (2k/4k+) but the game wouldn't come over there, plus he had so much other stuff going on with appearances, marketing, ect, that he couldn't commit to the amount of time Wynn Poker wanted him to be present.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didnt know that he was playing NL there before the HU challenge, thats news to me. Thanks! But I find it hard to believe the deal was canceled because he wanted to play elsewhere, Daniel barely plays poker live in Vegas lately.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not positive, but I think I read on his blog or something similar a long while back that this is EXACTLY the reason he gave for quitting the Wynn gig. He wanted to play The Big Game and Wynn wouldn't let him. He said the original contract Wynn wanted him to sign was absolutely exclusive, and would have prohibited him from playing any tournaments other than at the Wynn, too. Well, like, duh... he wouldn't agree to that, and they negotiated it down to exclusive play at the Wynn except he could play major tournaments elsewhere. Something like that.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:06 PM

He played 60/120 games with us. A few mixed games and a few No-limit games.
Talking to him just before it came to an end I was told by DN, he had to cut the deal because THE GAME would not come over and play. He wanted to play that limit.