Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2007, 04:34 PM

Default Re: Showdown percentages for full ring LO8 - 45% ??

I don't try hand reading, I only play really loose tables - I am very selective. I just play for value.

VPIP is 21.7% from the sb it is about 53.5%

Most of the .5/1 hands are from Party and Paradise. I wish I had my early hands from party, my BB/100 would probably be 2bbs higher.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:09 PM

I am quite new to O8, so take my thoughts with a giant grain of salt.

I think the 45% WTSD is more applicable to the higher limit games, where fewer people go to the flop and thus you do not always need to have a draw to the nuts or the current nut made hand to the continue.At the lower limits, a lower WTSD seems optimal as you will need the nuts/near nuts more often.

One other misleading thing is that the people with higher WTSD are probably inherently running good and thus it is correct for them to call down more often. Thus, they are not winning because of high-win to showdown, they are winning because they are catching good cards and the high WTSD is a byproduct.

In any case, most of the winning players in my database seem to have W$SD at 60% or higher, I think you should consider focusing your attention on that statistic rather than WTSD.

Again, I am a n00b as well, just wanted to chime in with my thoughts.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:52 PM

OK, I think the theory of loose tables lowers the Went to Showdown percentage is correct.

After an anomolous good session where the deck ran over me on a full .25/.5 table with a crazy loose 40%-55% VP$IP; here are my statistics:
VP$IP 22%, VP$IP sb 52%
hands: 1,057
BB/100: 6.25 (completely meaningless due to sample size)
WTSD: 35%
Won at SD: 65%

So the WTSD number is well below 45%, but its an effect from such a loose table, that I mucked hands where I wasn't drawing to nuts. Thus, I would back up the theory that a looser table lowers the need to have a higher WTSD %.