Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 12:50 AM

Default Re: beat: i saw a young bum today and he was crying while begging

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a theory that bums are probably struggling even worse since debit cards started to become the major source of payment. If I ever have change on me I'll give it to a beggar since it's most likely just gonna get lost in a couch or car seat if I hold on to it. However since the rise of debit cards I hardly ever have change on me...

[/ QUOTE ]

why just cause people have debit cards you think they walk around with no cash?

[/ QUOTE ]

Less of it since it's less needed.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a theory that bums are probably struggling even worse since debit cards started to become the major source of payment. If I ever have change on me I'll give it to a beggar since it's most likely just gonna get lost in a couch or car seat if I hold on to it. However since the rise of debit cards I hardly ever have change on me...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the bums' fault for failing to adapt. They could get a simple card swiper and accept debit cards.

Bum: "Spare any change?"
You: "I have a Visa debit...?"
Bum: "Okay, how much would you like to give?"
You: "How about $0.35."
Bum: "Okay...just enter your pin....thanks, mister"
Old 05-31-2007, 01:07 AM

Dan, like Barretboy's, your avatar is impossible to stop staring at. However, yours has sexy time, whereas Barretboy's does not.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ya im gonna go out on a limb and say thats an urban legend [censored] like to perpetrate that bums are rich making 6 figs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its actually true. You have to do it as a full time job for it to be profitable. They did a report on some guy who did this in Boston. He would sit outside before Celtics/Bruins games. Made 70k for the year.

Pretty sick actually.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:31 AM

lol i am sure some really are poor..
but I know one dude that stand by my work always has a different outfit on always has ciggarettes and I never see him there late at night... odd
Old 05-31-2007, 02:38 AM

You should have told him that you'd give him a nickle if he ate your feces and let you come in his face.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ya im gonna go out on a limb and say thats an urban legend [censored] like to perpetrate that bums are rich making 6 figs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its actually true. You have to do it as a full time job for it to be profitable. They did a report on some guy who did this in Boston. He would sit outside before Celtics/Bruins games. Made 70k for the year.

Pretty sick actually.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there are 120 home games a year, he would have to make almost $600 a game. I guess this is possible with the massive influx of people but where would you keep all that change while panhandling...?

Also 99% of bums are poor people and most of them are insane, I really don't know where the idea that "one bum is a scammer, thus they are all rich" came from. Kind of like the drug dealer scenario if you ever read Freakonomics.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sick actually.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there are 120 home games a year, he would have to make almost $600 a game. I guess this is possible with the massive influx of people but where would you keep all that change while panhandling...?

Also 99% of bums are poor people and most of them are insane, I really don't know where the idea that "one bum is a scammer, thus they are all rich" came from. Kind of like the drug dealer scenario if you ever read Freakonomics.

[/ QUOTE ]
Guy I know busks in Covent Garden underground in London and makes ~ £300 in a slot (2 hours i think)
Old 05-31-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why just cause people have debit cards you think they walk around with no cash?

[/ QUOTE ]

Less of it since it's less needed.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you want to give a bum a little donation but all you have is plastic, just swipe your card through the crack of his ass. This also works with strippers and hookers.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:51 PM

i tried to tell him i was homeless too... he didn't believe me... also that reminds me of a funny story when i was a freshman in college me and my buddy didn't have a car and nobody would drive us to the liquor store so we walked. We brought a huge duffle bag to put the booze into and sneak it into the dorms. What we would do was use a shopping cart from the safeway nextdoor and inbetween cars we would pour the two 20 racks into the huge duffle. Anyways my buddy went in to buy the booze while i got a shopping cart. This shopping cart automatically locked when it left a certain range of area close to the safeway but i was all confused and this homeless dude was like yea man those lock cause they don't want you stealin em. I'm like oh ok. He was like you homeless too? I was a dick cause i was young and high so i was like no sorry my family has multiple homes. ha