Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Super standard, right?

I woulda cbet flop for $75. If he flatcalled then I'd probably c/c smallish bet on turn or c/f to fairly big one, but I think double barreling this kind of turn is rele bad OOP. As played, meh, It's ok but I think he's calling with everything he bets (AQ and AK).
Old 05-30-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have done this a lot lately and I get called by literally everything in the book. Like the consensus I would lead flop here and get it in that way. I think I just call the turn here because there is like no FE here ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, there is some fold equity tho, but i like bet/call flop or just 3 betting it, your even money atleast and u can push him off lots of aces so u have fold equity which puts u well above 50% with this bet
Old 05-30-2007, 06:22 PM

i think this reeks of fps in more than one way. my std would be call in bb w/ this hand but could obv 3-bet under certain circumstances, but in a vacuum i call. then i bet/call flop, though i guess c/r ai is okay. once the flop is checked through i just bet/fold turn. your draw is worth less that the board paired and you won't get shoved on much, though when u do it's an ez fold. once u check twice ur hand looks a lot like tt or something, so the c/r is not believable at all as others have pointed out. i'd rather c/c turn and play the river than c/r ai, but i would be leading turn very often after a flop check. again, with reads i think c/r ai is okay but with the only information being that btn is a reasonable tag i think this hand is botched.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think this line is horrendous. I would call soooo light here if I was villain. This is not a strong line at all...it looks like an obvious draw or bluff. If you do this with JJ/AA/AJ thats just rly rly bad. Bet flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, do you even realize what you wrote there? It completely contradicts itself.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:42 PM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

don't expect TAGs to bet A-high flops in 3-bet pots without the initiative very often
Old 05-30-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was under the impression that this is a stronger line than leading the flop. I bet the flop probably 80+% of the time after reraising pre, but I'll throw in a check once in a while. I'd do this with JJ and AA (and AJ too I guess) at least some of the time for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's a stronger line, but nobody thinks it is. in general 2/4 type players think anything wierd is a draw.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:03 PM

So do you guys really never check a big hand after reraising pre out of position? I can understand c-betting all the time but that can make the turn very difficult to play when your hand is somewhere in the middle in terms of strength.

Edit: Or when you're on a draw [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think this line is horrendous. I would call soooo light here if I was villain. This is not a strong line at all...it looks like an obvious draw or bluff. If you do this with JJ/AA/AJ thats just rly rly bad. Bet flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, do you even realize what you wrote there? It completely contradicts itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

How?
Old 05-30-2007, 07:18 PM

I lead most of the time on the flop here. I think checking the flop looking for a c/r is fine, but I'd have to be pretty sure my opponent would be betting this flop a lot thinking I'd missed and a crai would have some fold equity.

If you check and he checks behind, I think you have to lead the turn to represent a missed c/r. Both your equity in the hand and your fold equity goes way down on a blank turn imo, a c/r here looks fishy and gets called down a lot.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh.. if you have a big hand here like AA/JJ/AJ you really want to get called down "soooo light".

I understand almost always betting and getting played back at or called down light is probably a better overall situation, but saying "taking this line with a big hand is terrible because it'll be called down super light" doesn't make any sense.

Balance & unexploitability are overrated.