Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 07:12 AM

Default Re: do all phones have texting?

I've got cingular and I had them turn off text messaging on mine and my wife's phone. They charge 10c a message whether it's incoming or outgoing if you don't buy the package plan and i'm a cheap bastard. I think if someone trys to text me it shows up as a page with their phone # but i've never bothered to check out if that's really the case. My daughter has texting on her phone so maybe I'll send myself a text from her phone to check it out.

edit: just texted myself from my daughter's phone and got nothing on my phone.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
qwerty (sp?)

[/ QUOTE ]

HA!

[/ QUOTE ]

looooooool.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:02 AM

Just asked my roomate who works for Sprint...he said there are most definitely phones out there that can't text.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:06 AM

oh and just to add....texting a girl for the first time you initiate things with her instead of calling is ultra weak.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:11 AM

I'm a cheap bastard who doesn't have a phone plan that includes text messaging. All the phones on the plan are text capable, but none can send or receive messages. Maybe she doesn't want to be bothered with texting.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a cheap bastard who doesn't have a phone plan that includes text messaging. All the phones on the plan are text capable, but none can send or receive messages. Maybe she doesn't want to be bothered with texting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't is standard that texting is pay per message? Why have it completely disabled unless you don't want to receive any? Doesn't seem to have anything to do with being cheap. I know I don't text that much, but sometimes I'll be in class or somewhere with low signal and texting is all that works.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:23 AM

My phone does not have Text messaging - it is about 6-7 years old.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't is standard that texting is pay per message? Why have it completely disabled unless you don't want to receive any? Doesn't seem to have anything to do with being cheap. I know I don't text that much, but sometimes I'll be in class or somewhere with low signal and texting is all that works.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should I pay for my kids to get 200 text messages a month? Cingular was charging me for received messages so I blocked all messages.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should I pay for my kids to get 200 text messages a month? Cingular was charging me for received messages so I blocked all messages.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yes, kids are stupid and will send/receive 20 texts rather than talking for 1 minute.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ah yes, kids are stupid and will send/receive 20 texts rather than talking for 1 minute.

[/ QUOTE ]

Replace kids with pretty much every woman I know and you're on the money. It annoys me so bad, especially since I didn't have a text message rate on my plan for the longest time.