[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also, take it to Video Games.

[/ QUOTE ]

DUDE, OOT is way more knowledgable...

[/ QUOTE ]

From the OOT sticky:

[ QUOTE ]
If your thread doesn't get any traffic in the appropriate forum, that doesn't mean you can give up and post it in OOT. It probably just sucked.
--Googletarding - that is, asking questions which you are too dumb or lazy to answer for yourself, or questions that are unlikely to start any interesting discussion. Asking OOT to help with your homework would be a good example of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also this debate has already occured in Video Games, just search for the thread. People there definitely know their games. Also, a google search will turn up like 100 articles debating the pros and cons of each system written by people in the business, consumers, forums, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, i've seen the thread in video games, and i've don the google search, but if you really do the google search, each article is like 2 years old and although they are in the business you can see their advice isn't really that sound

also we wanted OOT advice because we <3 you guys,

if people don't wanna talk about this, just let it die or mods lock it plz?

but i'm sure people would wanna talk about this and it's a good topic in this high traffic forum
Old 05-29-2007, 08:29 PM

Default Re: Xbox 360 or PS3? OOT expertise needed

Since they both are great graphics-wise, I think you should make your determination based upon the library of current and upcoming games.

/thread.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you play the guitar hero games on ps3?

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe so
Old 05-29-2007, 08:58 PM

I found the Wii not very fun at all. Evryone raves about WiiSports and me nor any of my roomates thought it was much fun after doing it for a couple hours.

With that said, definitely Xbox360, Halo 3 is going to be the greatest game ever.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I found the Wii not very fun at all. Evryone raves about WiiSports and me nor any of my roomates thought it was much fun after doing it for a couple hours.

[/ QUOTE ]
So... you're basing your opinion on the Wii on the "let us show you how to use the Wiimote on a cheap little game" Wii Sports? Man... it's a [censored] amusing intro to using the Wiimote.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:08 PM

yes you can play guitar hero on 360.

i would say get a 360 but honestly i would say getting neither is the best choice of all.

there really havent been any great video games for any system since halo 1. maybe halo 3 will change that but for now it seems like guitar hero (and the usual sports games aka madden) are the only decent games of the past few years.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:14 PM

Xbox360 is outstanding, this is a no-brainer imo
Old 05-29-2007, 10:24 PM

I bought an Xbox 360 Elite the day they came out. I'm pretty happy w/ it I guess. HD gaming on my 50" plasma is pretty nice. I have the HD-DVD drive, impressed w/ King Kong (visually) that came with it, I ordered several other HD-DVDs that should be here shortly.

I would like some suggestions of good games to get. I have guitar hero 2 & burnout: revenge. I've heard lots of great things about gears of war, both visually & gameplay wise, but honestly the idea of fps games on consoles doesn't strike me well. I was heavy into fps games for a long time on computer, and the using a controller instead of a keyboard and mouse just seems wrong.

I'd love some "party game" type ideas for the Xbox360. I have friends over a lot and we have fun w/ gh2 & burnout, but both are limited to 2 players. Some fun 4 player games that go well w/ alcohol would be great to have.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:43 PM

dchz,

I voted on the poll for the ps3. I think it is certainly the better system for the long run, I think the ps3 controller is the best one out on the market, and it is a built in HD player for dvds.

Now I will also say the Xbox360 has the better gaming lineup. Halo fan at all? You'll def want a 360. GTA IV will be available on both systems. There are certainly more big seller games on the 360 lineup than ps3. Big madden/EA sports fan? The new lineup of games for this fall will really be true HD sports gaming. I seriously doubt a EA sports game will be better on the ps3 port compared to its 360 port.

You need to give more info in what you want as a gamer. It helps narrow it down. Any particular games you have interest for?

- You want to watch a lot of HD dvds?
Well you will still need a $200 attachment for 360 for HD-DVD capability.
- Web browser/pc capability?
PS3 is built for it. You can install an OS and it has a web browser. No option on the 360 for this.
- Media player capabilities?
360 has a slight edge. It is nearly flawless to play music in a game. The PS3 software is upgrading and will have this option in 2.0 firmware for the media bar.
- Want to download a lot of old school games?
360 clear advantage there. Play old games like Doom, old arcade classics, geometry wars, and Worms. PSN has a game lineup, but not nearly as huge.
- Halo fan?
Only 360 for sure. Unless you wait for the PC version.
- Want to play vs a lot of friends online? You'll find more people with Xbox live accounts than PSN accounts.

Xbox live still is $50 a year. PSN has been free.

there are rumors they are making a slimer case/chipset for the 360 due in 2008. It would be reported a better model than the current elite version put out on shelves.

Lastly you need to take a look at Playstation Home. It is like second life. If you haven't played second life imagine a game like The Sims. Well this will be a basic virtual world for PS3 users. You will have a house, and an interactive person that walks around the virtual world. You can upgrade your house, play mini games, also be able to show game achievements, and share music/videos online. It really should be interesting how it turns out.

The overall best gaming system as of today is the Xbox 360. I am still buying a PS3.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Xbox live still is $50 a month. PSN has been free.

[/ QUOTE ]

$50/year, not month.