Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 11:15 AM

Default Re: 2 bubble situations

1) For me I would probably fold my way into the moeny but that's only because I am broke-o and I could use that particular payout...in my regular tournaments I am pushing this all day.

2) I think this is an easy call unless the blinds have massive stacks and will call to knock you out or this raise is uncharacterstic of Villian.

Folding in either of these spots is generally quite bad.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:06 PM

Both hands seem like a very easy push to me, but I always play to win not to cash.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:30 PM

Missing some crutial information for hand one - what's the action in front? You the first to act? If so, push. You have three all-ins? If so, fold. Some limpers? prob a push too... I know my M is 3.5, but what's the rest of the table?

Hand two is an easy call, unless - as already stated - you need the min payout. (in which case - as already stated - take the T$ and don't play... Which I often do. No shame there... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )
Old 05-29-2007, 12:31 PM

Can you post stack sizes, etc? Hand 1 it makes a difference if you are pushing into a big stack or not.

Hand 2, he's opening for 8M? That is a huge overbet. You said he is opening for 65%, but is he opening like THAT with 65%? (how is he still alive in the tourney if so?) Sounds like there is a lot more to this hand than your OP. Can you provide a little more detail?

Basically, it appears pushing/calling in these situations are both +cEV. You should make your decision based on whether or not they are +$EV. It's not as simple as "you're 2 spots away. fold to the money!" or "always play to win!" One choice is more profitable than the other over the long run and that's what you should do (unless you aren't playing for profit and the thrill of victory is all you are after.)
Old 05-29-2007, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you post stack sizes, etc? Hand 1 it makes a difference if you are pushing into a big stack or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

In hand 1, both blinds had me covered, but not large stacks (M's of around 7). It was folded to me on the button.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2, he's opening for 8M? That is a huge overbet. You said he is opening for 65%, but is he opening like THAT with 65%? (how is he still alive in the tourney if so?) Sounds like there is a lot more to this hand than your OP. Can you provide a little more detail?

[/ QUOTE ]

This was his biggest opening bet. Most of his opening bets were 2.5 to 6 BB. His huge opening bet made me think he either had a mid to low pocket pair or he was on a complete bluff (I thought the pocket pair scenario was more likely).

I hadn't been at the table that long (maybe 2 1/2 orbits), so I don't know how he was playing previous to my arrival.