Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2007, 05:35 AM

Default Re: Like Doyle says: Never double up a short-stack donk in an unraised

[ QUOTE ]
You say in that spot it would make sense to do that with 96?
Is that really true? Normally i would think that i get two pair to fold with an overbet like this.
But any straight i calling i guess...

[/ QUOTE ]

2pr is going to fold to a psb just as often as an overbet. The turn action says a straight someone else has a straight 75% + of the time. It's a 1 card straight and 2 people are calling a raise. I'm not saying bb usually has 69, but if he did this is a sweet way to play it, because at least one of his opponets usually has a straight.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:43 AM

call river. only 69 beats us. expect to split it 3 ways
Old 05-27-2007, 06:01 PM

Thanks for the good humored responses. I folded without much thought. The turn IMO is the crucial street. When I lead, bb flat calls, we get raised and he just flat calls again, I'm pretty positive that we've all got a 6 at least.

When, after playing the turn so passively he overbet shoves all in, it was clear to me that he had 96 like 85%+.

If he checks and mp shoves, I call all day. I might even shove if he checks and mp bets, I dunno. But his line absolutely reeked of the nuts.

I was trying to explain to her that regardless of how unlikely it is for your opponent to have the one hand that can beat you, if you look at the action and the only hand that they would take that line with is that one hand, you've got to fold.

I'm curious about those who said fold pf. Is that really standard? I would rarely fold this pf from the sb after a limper and would never have thought this to be a leak?

Sure I'm playing oop with a weak ace, but it's for a small pot against weak opponents (open limpers) generally and the pot's only going to get big if I want it to, generally speaking.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Sure I'm playing oop with a weak ace, but it's for a small pot against weak opponents (open limpers) generally and the pot's only going to get big if I want it to, generally speaking.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is interesting that you think that you have this much control over the pot-size when playing OOP. I think that this thought process is your actual leak.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is interesting that you think that you have this much control over the pot-size when playing OOP. I think that this thought process is your actual leak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're giving a little too much respect to open limpers at 100nl. Also, the fold button does work post flop too.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:12 PM

fold pf, call p l e a s e
Old 05-27-2007, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if your GF smacked you upside the head for completing the SB w/ trash then she was right

if she then kicked you in the ass for not pushing the turn then she was right too

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-27-2007, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're giving a little too much respect to open limpers at 100nl. Also, the fold button does work post flop too.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't give them enough credit.. just raise and outplay them postflop in a much bigger pot.

There's just no way I fold.. I really don't see it happening. I've seen overbets with top pair like that before (can't find the HH, I looked) but like.. I don't fold.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't give them enough credit.. just raise and outplay them postflop in a much bigger pot.

There's just no way I fold.. I really don't see it happening. I've seen overbets with top pair like that before (can't find the HH, I looked) but like.. I don't fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. Guess she was right. She said I made a bad fold and got lucky.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fair enough. Guess she was right. She said I made a bad fold and got lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was alot closer than everyone seems to think. I'd put the river call at about nuetral ev.