Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2007, 06:50 AM

Default Re: TStoneMBD\'s WSOP Blog

Hey Mike, could you shuffle chips side-to-side instead of front-to-back like the rest of humanity? Thanks a million.

p.s. Alex Jacob's zombie demeanor has put me on permanent lifetilt. How did you cope with it?

p.p.s. Stop staring at everyone you weirdo. Semi-permanent lifetilt from that one.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:48 AM

hi plz, excellent post really.

1, I am multi-talented as I've taught myself to shuffle chips in 3 different ways. my personal preference is also the side to side method.

2, alex's zombie demeanor is one of his greatest attrtibutes as people commonly explode their stacks when they can't take it anymore.

3, yes I agree, its creepy and I actually brought this up with a friend. the problem is, I feel one of my stronger strengths in live poker is picking up tells and to avoid staring someone down would take away some of my edge. because of this I'm actually gonna try to use glasses this year. I highly doubt I'd ever use them at a tv table tho. for the record, I think glasses are ghey, but staring into someones man-eyes is even more ghey. also, random rant but I can't understand why vrusso uses glasses. you never see her eyes. for someone who's fame is entirely based on the fact that she's female, you'd think shed improve her image of letting male viewers see her eyes on tv.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:52 PM

1. I tried shuffling chips front to back and sprained my wrist.. send me your address for law suit purposes.

2. I'm not watching him on tv anymore. I honestly had incredibly slow-moving nightmares about his half-open mouth.

3. Who's eyes would you rather stare into: Vanessa, Clonie or Patrik?
Old 05-28-2007, 07:16 PM

tstone: Good luck and cool idea. PS my sister has a huge crush on you and started to cry a little when you busted out on TV. SHe pretended she was just kidding, but then she had to leave the room.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:37 PM

re: rousso

her fame is mostly based on the fact that she is an attractive female. this is enhanced by the huge glasses
Old 05-28-2007, 08:18 PM

I can only shuffle front and back, guess I'm weird. What's the 3rd way? I like shuffling using some chips held in my hand with the top of a tall stack - saw Chau Giang do it on a WPT episode and decided it was way cooler than normal shuffling.

Don't do the sunglass thing, your piercing stare could be your trademark.

-DeathDonkey
Old 05-28-2007, 08:58 PM

Beat?? I never knew Tstone was that guy from the USPC.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nor did I and they're right, the only reason Russo is famous for being good looking is because when she takes off her glasses she looks like a cartoon character.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nor did I and they're right, the only reason Russo is famous for being good looking is because when she takes off her glasses she looks like a cartoon character.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can say, after playing with vanessa for 7+ hours at the PCA that this is TOTALLY untrue. Vanessa is a really really good looking girl with or without sunglasses. Pretty good attitude / personality as well.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I can say, after playing with vanessa for 7+ hours at the PCA that this is TOTALLY untrue. Vanessa is a really really good looking girl with or without sunglasses. Pretty good attitude / personality as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

She comes off much better in person that in pictures, that's for sure.