Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 12:19 PM

Default Re: NLTRN: lowlimit study group, anyone interested?

me 2 pls
Old 05-29-2007, 01:38 PM

Sure, why not. I think I've been a bit spewy as of recent, so maybe this will help me start to play well again.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:29 PM

I'm in.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
right now im unsure of how we should set this up. Anybody know how the previous study group was organized (roughyl i mean).

just having each others AIMs ? how did you guys review the tournies?

[/ QUOTE ]

PM wildzero.

I believe it worked like this. Wildzero put all the ppl interested into some randomizer.com type thing that randomly selected people to review other people's HHs. We would be required to send 3 a week. Email was the best way to send it and most people also had each other's AIMs. After one week you changed partners.

I think the best thing would be to try to match people at the same levels up with one another.

For example, at the time I was a 5-10 dollar HUSNG player. Dboy reviewed my HHs and I believe he was a 55 dollar player at the time. This greatly helped me obviously. I reviewed Cwar's HHs, who was at 55 dollar player with like 300k buyins, so that really did him no good as far as my reviewing goes. Obviously you can't have do it to where a higher person reviews yours unless we get somebody who plays higher than everybody else involved to volunteer to review only or something of that nature.

So my suggestion is to just match people up according to their buyin level.

Something like 5-10 dollar level being in group A.

20-33 dollar level in group B.

55-110 level in group C.

220 and higher in group D.

And if there are odd #s you can have people in the group next to theirs up or down review each other's HHs. That way we can try to make sure people get the most out of this.

Anyways, just my two cents, hope this goes through.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:50 AM

Count me in!
Old 05-30-2007, 03:13 AM

I'd be interested in this, new to HU play but it's quickly become my favorite form of poker. I play the lowest limits on FT from a small bankroll I've built from winning freerolls and learning through trial and error.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:49 AM

This is a brilliant idea, I'm in as well. Please PM. PS: Allthough this is my first post I've been following the heads up forum regularly.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
right now im unsure of how we should set this up. Anybody know how the previous study group was organized (roughyl i mean).

just having each others AIMs ? how did you guys review the tournies?

[/ QUOTE ]

PM wildzero.

I believe it worked like this. Wildzero put all the ppl interested into some randomizer.com type thing that randomly selected people to review other people's HHs. We would be required to send 3 a week. Email was the best way to send it and most people also had each other's AIMs. After one week you changed partners.

I think the best thing would be to try to match people at the same levels up with one another.

For example, at the time I was a 5-10 dollar HUSNG player. Dboy reviewed my HHs and I believe he was a 55 dollar player at the time. This greatly helped me obviously. I reviewed Cwar's HHs, who was at 55 dollar player with like 300k buyins, so that really did him no good as far as my reviewing goes. Obviously you can't have do it to where a higher person reviews yours unless we get somebody who plays higher than everybody else involved to volunteer to review only or something of that nature.

So my suggestion is to just match people up according to their buyin level.

Something like 5-10 dollar level being in group A.

20-33 dollar level in group B.

55-110 level in group C.

220 and higher in group D.

And if there are odd #s you can have people in the group next to theirs up or down review each other's HHs. That way we can try to make sure people get the most out of this.

Anyways, just my two cents, hope this goes through.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt there are enough players in the C and D group, but it sounds like a good idea. The only downside is the big difference between a group B player with 55% WR and one with 60 WR.

I think it would work out best, if we signed up for a HH swap every week, so people who are busy one week, or on vacation can sit out.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:33 AM

I'd be interested as well. I play 20$ HUSNGs but my winrate is pretty low (~55%) and I could definitely use some advice.

And like others in this thread, it's my first post but I read this forum on a regular basis.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:04 AM

well, maybe we could do it differently then. Everybody could just write a quick resume of what/how they play, their own abilities and what they are looking to achieve. Then people could group themselves if they found a suitable partner.

Cause obviously when you are looking for a sort of study partner, not only the current level they play at matters, but also lots of other factors. How often do they play, how often are they online, how much time do they have at their hands, how motivated are they etc.

how does that sound?