Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2007, 10:18 PM

Default Re: Stupid QQ hand

I don't mind the flop ch behind because that A can give a solid/tough player enough to outplay you. When it's ch'd to you twice though, turn bet is a must.

If he has an A he'd likely bet it hoping to get a call from QQ-JJ. I find most good players won't ch twice looking for a turn c/r. Bad ones yeah. Stronger players want calls with the best hand, not fold outs.

As played, how could you not call the river?
Old 05-26-2007, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When it's ch'd to you twice though, turn bet is a must.

If he has an A he'd likely bet it hoping to get a call from QQ-JJ. I find most good players won't ch twice looking for a turn c/r. Bad ones yeah. Stronger players want calls with the best hand, not fold outs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-26-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I'm not sure I'm good 20% of the time. I'm probably not good 5% of the time. The more I've thought about this hand, it's a river fold.

If you don't take advantage of people doing the ol' sigh-disgusted-headshake-check when a paired board comes out, what's the point of playing live or even looking at your opponents for tells? (The limper apparently noticed it too and felt it was so reliable that he open-mucked instead of checking when it was his turn).

As for not betting the turn when it's checked to me twice -- in the event I'm actually ahead, how many outs can the opponent have? 3 if he holds a K, 2 if he has anything else. I guess 87 now has a straight draw, but usually he's drawing pretty slim if he's behind.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Because I'm not sure I'm good 20% of the time. I'm probably not good 5% of the time. The more I've thought about this hand, it's a river fold.

If You don't take advantage of people doing the ol' sigh-disgusted-headshake-check when a paired board comes out, what's the point of playing live or even looking at your opponents for tells? (The limper apparently noticed it too and felt it was so reliable that he open-mucked instead of checking when it was his turn).

As for not betting the turn when it's checked to me twice -- in the event I'm actually ahead, how many outs can the opponent have? 3 if he holds a K, 2 if he has anything else. I guess 87 now has a straight draw, but usually he's drawing pretty slim if he's behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not being sarcastic here. I honestly don't get it. So you knew 100% what the right play was?

As for the turn, you've given him a chance on the flop to catch up. So the best way to maximize any value your hand has is to give him another one, hope he misses and bluffs at it?
Old 05-27-2007, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Most importantly, what does chow/meow mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's from a classic Joe Tall post. Legendary slang now.

[/ QUOTE ]

link plz.

also, if you are really so sure about his tell, which i think is fine btw, isn't the move to toss your QQ face up in the muck and say, "Your ten is good"
Old 05-27-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

link plz.

[/ QUOTE ]

That might be tough because the post was in Hold'em/General and that forum is not around anymore. It was sometime last fall, I think, and it was titled, "Play some F'n poker people!!" or something like that/in that nature. PJ may have specail mod-power here.

As for your hand Joker, I think it's still fine to bet the turn here but now that you are on the river, I'd just check it through, there may be $40 worth of information by forcing him to reveal what his shrug actually means.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you knew 100% what the right play was?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I'm just wondering if it's one of those "good no more than 5% and should fold" or "almost good 20% of the time so go ahead and call and it doesn't matter" things.

But you're right to be skeptical... I did warn you up top that this might be a lame thread.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
now that you are on the river, I'd just check it through, there may be $40 worth of information by forcing him to reveal what his shrug actually means.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean call? He bet into me on the river; I couldn't check through.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
now that you are on the river, I'd just check it through, there may be $40 worth of information by forcing him to reveal what his shrug actually means.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean call? He bet into me on the river; I couldn't check through.

[/ QUOTE ]

Opps, sorry, nah, pot is small. As Dick Vitale used to say, "Send it in, Mutombo."
Old 05-27-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

link plz.

[/ QUOTE ]

That might be tough because the post was in Hold'em/General and that forum is not around anymore. It was sometime last fall, I think, and it was titled, "Play some F'n poker people!!" or something like that/in that nature. PJ may have specail mod-power here.

As for your hand Joker, I think it's still fine to bet the turn here but now that you are on the river, I'd just check it through, there may be $40 worth of information by forcing him to reveal what his shrug actually means.

[/ QUOTE ]

Np.... how about cliff's notes on what chow/meow means?