Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2007, 10:43 AM

Default Re: Flop the nuts, should I slow-play?

Slow-playing a flopped str8 is rarely a good idea against multiple opponents.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:49 AM

Thanks everybody for your help. I did bet out, but when I wasn't raised I wondered if I may have been better off trying to get in extra big bets instead of small bets. Thanks again for your help.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it isn't about the hands you're (not) afraid of; it's about getting as much money as possible in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Here's about the only kind of hand I would consider slowplaying in a loose game; I'm BB and the SB raises many-handed and I call with A3s. Flop AA3 rainbow and SB bets. THAT'S a board with no real draws.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:19 PM

You will surely get a bunch of responses telling you not to slowplay. Ignore them. They have been brain-washed to believe that the answer to the question of "should I slowplay" is always no.

The right answer to your question is: it's way too early to know for sure. Right now we can only decide whether to check or bet. Given that you have the pfr, followed by two different LAGs behind you, I think it's safe to say that this flop is not going to be checked through... therefore, you should check and see the action. You can learn a lot by seeing who is betting / raising and trying to figure out whether you can lie in the weeds and count on a turn bet or if you need to get involved, check-raise, and drive the action.

On this board, with plenty of 2nd best hands to pay you off, you should clearly lean strongly toward playing your hand fast. With so many aggressors out though, checking and keeping your mind open and your hand reading active is the way to go.

-Eric
Old 05-26-2007, 02:23 PM

I disagree that slowplaying always sucks, and I do it under right circumstances, this is a 6 way raised pot, get the money in.

If an A comes on the turn I'd go for a B3B.