Button ($58.60)
SB ($27.55)
Hero ($53.15)
UTG ($24.60)
UTG+1 ($28.25)
MP1 ($63.40)
MP2 ($50)
MP3 ($57.55)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to $2</font>, MP1 calls $2, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls $1.75, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10</font>, UTG+1 calls $8, MP1 folds, SB calls $8.

Flop: ($32) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $20</font>, UTG+1 calls $18.25 (All-In), SB folds.

Turn: ($70.25) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($70.25) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $70.25

Results in white below:
Hero has Ts Th (one pair, tens).
UTG+1 has Qh Qd (three of a kind, queens).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins $68.50. Hero wins $1.75.

I'm not one to call and set mine here with TT with a preflop raiser and 2 callers, especially when the prelfop raiser and one of the callers are shortstacked. Set mining is a viable play here, but -ev compared to squeezing.

The flop hit low cards and with $32 in the pot, pushing for $18 effective stacks was a pretty easy decision. I knew UTG+1 could easily have JJ+ but imo pushing was the only option. I can't let him check behind with AK - and he might call with that anyway.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Short video of 4 tabling 50NL FR on Stars and \"how-to\"

[ QUOTE ]
why no reply to scramm?! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha - I didn't want to be caught berating fish on video. If I wasn't recording I probably would have said "the joke is in your pants" or somthing like that.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:41 PM

How much of this garbage to I have to download to watch the damn thing? I downloaded the xVid Codec and its not working.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How much of this garbage to I have to download to watch the damn thing? I downloaded the xVid Codec and its not working.

[/ QUOTE ]

IDK.

The xVid Codec from what I understand is just like a plug-in for Windows Media Player. After you install it you should be abe to watch the video just like any other .avi
Old 05-25-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
squeezing

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the key right here.

Dead money is +EV.

I'd generally like to have some idea of UTG+1's raising range and whether it includes hands he can folding and/or that I'm ahead of but YMMV. Hero is in the BB, 3-bets from the BB are usually given a ton of respect (though maybe not so much if he's been LAGing it up). Hero wins this preflop an awful lot. If not, he's ahead of AK/AQ particularly on that flop.

Once this sees a flop, there's no way hero can fold given pot odds. Fold equity sez pooosh! Pot equity sez pooosh!
Old 05-25-2007, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Haha - I didn't want to be caught berating fish on video. If I wasn't recording I probably would have said "the joke is in your pants" or somthing like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Nice slowplay!" (checking TPTK 3-handed in a raised pot on a drawy board)
Old 05-25-2007, 09:49 PM

Thanks Donktastic.

I have been looking forward to someone making an FR vid.

Sweet.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
squeezing

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead money is +EV.

I'd generally like to have some idea of UTG+1's raising range and whether it includes hands he can folding and/or that I'm ahead of but YMMV. Hero is in the BB, 3-bets from the BB are usually given a ton of respect (though maybe not so much if he's been LAGing it up). Hero wins this preflop an awful lot. If not, he's ahead of AK/AQ particularly on that flop.

Once this sees a flop, there's no way hero can fold given pot odds. Fold equity sez pooosh! Pot equity sez pooosh!

[/ QUOTE ]

A read on UTG+1 would have been nice - he is the only person who can have a hand that crushes me.

The fact that dead money was in the pot and I wanted to play HU were 2 important factors in deciding to 3 bet.

The other factor, maybe most important, was that UTG+1 and one of the callers were shortstacked. If everyone was deep set-mining becomes much more attractive. I knew that if I raised big and was called by a SS that I would most likely be getting my chips in one way or the other, unless the flop was like AKQ or something.

In other words I wouldn't be leaving myself with a tough decision on the flop, as I would be if everyone was 100BBs deep.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
squeezing

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead money is +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I see. You and OP made some very good points. You're right that the BB reraise gets a lot of respect and if I was the early pos caller or SB, I would have laid down JJ or QQ because I'd figure you had a big pair or at least AK and after the call, and there's not enough stack odds to call &amp; setmine if you have the overpair (~14:1 as Sklansky states in NLHET&amp;P)