Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2007, 10:36 PM

Default Re: AKs bvb almost deep vs twin

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

uhhh.. sure it does. if i think he'll bet more flops with the worst hand, and not call it off without it, checking is teh play obv

[/ QUOTE ]

If you thought he's apt to fire the flop with aq type hands, do you think his check behind on the flop often means he has a little something?

[/ QUOTE ]

no
Old 05-25-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

uhhh.. sure it does. if i think he'll bet more flops with the worst hand, and not call it off without it, checking is teh play obv

[/ QUOTE ]

If you thought he's apt to fire the flop with aq type hands, do you think his check behind on the flop often means he has a little something?

[/ QUOTE ]

no

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case, given the pot size, I like the proposed turn line of a small bet to induce a shove.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:22 PM

why not continue bet the flop here??? r u checking this flop with big pp alot?? why three bet pf without a plan when u miss?? is a check really that standard here?? i know its deep stack but what other reasons for checking?
Old 05-25-2007, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why not continue bet the flop here??? r u checking this flop with big pp alot?? why three bet pf without a plan when u miss?? is a check really that standard here?? i know its deep stack but what other reasons for checking?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
if i think he'll bet more flops with the worst hand, and not call it off without it, checking is teh play obv

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-25-2007, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
if i think he'll bet more flops with the worst hand, and not call it off without it, checking is teh play obv

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
from what i understand of twins game he is crazy aggressive, wouldnt he be more likely to bluff rr allin on the flop when u cb, then bluff bet when checked to?
Old 05-25-2007, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
from what i understand of twins game he is crazy aggressive, wouldnt he be more likely to bluff rr allin on the flop when u cb, then bluff bet when checked to?

[/ QUOTE ]

that's why i'm posting bro, becuase i prob only have 1k hands with twin and others have more.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's why i'm posting bro, because i prob only have 1k hands with twin and others have more.

[/ QUOTE ]
i completely understand your dilemma, im just putting my .02 in and tryin to facilitate more discussion..
Old 05-25-2007, 11:46 PM

Yeah but for proper hand analysis you have to go by OP's read of the opponent at the time, not outside reads.

It's no help to go, "Oh, it's opponent X. When he does this he ALWAYS has ABsuited. Check-raise all-in!"

If the opponent is unknown to OP, posters should consider the villain unknown to them too.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah but for proper hand analysis you have to go by OP's read of the opponent at the time, not outside reads.

It's no help to go, "Oh, it's opponent X. When he does this he ALWAYS has ABsuited. Check-raise all-in!"

If the opponent is unknown to OP, posters should consider the villain unknown to them too.

[/ QUOTE ]

if that were the case he wouldnt have put the villains name up, so this occasion what your saying doesnt apply... he is asking what to do against this specific opponent...
Old 05-25-2007, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he's not unknown wtf. it's twin. i know about him, i read about him, i've got 1k ish hands on him. i don't have a sick read on him, but i'm looking for a line vs this 'type' of player in general, and my thoughts on my line in a vacuum with my hand in this situation. other people know about him, that he's still aggro in conservative mode, etc. anyways, i think i should be betting the turn, either for value or to get a shove frmo a worse hand, and i want to know what people think or what is their standard here.

also, i retro, i think my 4-bet is too big too.. i wanted it to look like "never AA/KK" so he'd shove Ax here