Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2007, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Need Help - Family Situation with Younger Sister

Wait, this is the same mom that basically insisted that you and your sister turn over your dad's estate, which he willed to you two, to her if he dies first right?

Figures...
Old 05-25-2007, 02:31 PM

Wait... That guy beats people up? Tell him to stop picking fights with the 1st graders.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:40 PM

Why is your 17 year old sister living alone in the first place? Second why is she friends with a 12-13 year old? Last, shouldn't Dominic be in prison for statutory since he got her preggers?
Old 05-25-2007, 02:41 PM

OTOH, on a more serious note, to be playing devil's advocate, 15 years for what he did seems too much. I understand, firearm, blah blah blah, but..

Firearm laws in the US are such that it's a realistic risk for him to get killed, right? So he finds a gun. He figures he's better off holding on to it than leaving it for the owner to come home and kill him with it. Or perhaps your dad keeps a shotgun in the trunk, who knows.

I'm not saying what he did was right, or even 'not wrong' - I'm just saying that, partly because of the firearm situation in the US, it's not that unreasonable for him to have a gun. Hell, there are places where it's possible to get 'only' 15 years if you murder someone. Does breaking in and taking a few K of stuff really fall into the same category? Yes, he broke in and had a gun, which makes for a potentially life-threatening situation. But apparently he didn't bring the gun to the break-in. He also immediately dropped it. I think it would be fairer to look at the actual damage done here. 15 years is basically sending him off for life at this stage. He's just a fn kid. He may deserve to go to prison, but based on this incident alone, 15 years is overreacting IMO.

If it were me, all in all I'd probably still press charges. [censored] him, the stupid [censored] did it to himself. But I can certainly see why someone would feel differently.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:42 PM

Oh and your sister looks hot. Hehehe.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:43 PM

probably needed the money for acne cream
Old 05-25-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is your 17 year old sister living alone in the first place? Second why is she friends with a 12-13 year old? Last, shouldn't Dominic be in prison for statutory since he got her preggers?

[/ QUOTE ]

She's living with a friend. The 12-13 year old is now 14. My sister was 15-16 at the time and is now 17. This whole ordeal took place last year.

...and I have no idea why he's not in prison for statutory.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:44 PM

What exactly are your options for making your sister get away from this guy? Are you just relying on convincing her?

If there's some way you can get him rearrested or something, just do that immediately. Your relationship with your sister may be more important than this creep, but her safety is more important than either.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:45 PM

Dominic is friends with grimstarr?
Old 05-25-2007, 02:45 PM

Looks like your younger sister has already gone a very long way down the wrong path. Not sure how you can prevent her from allowing him over to her place unless you plan on 24/7 surveillance.

Keep trying to talk sense into your sister, but I doubt it will counteract the last 17 years of her upbringing.