Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2007, 04:05 AM

Default Re: AA against nit, min reraise on 4th street

I'm not so sure he 4bet shoves with KK pre-flop.

I would bet the flop and be ready to fold to any raise I think.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:42 AM

I would tend to bet that flop to see where I'm at in the hand. Seeing as he is such a nit, you can safely fold to a shove on the flop after you have bet. Checking only makes it harder for you to put him on a hand on later streets.

Regardless of your play on the flop, you simply cannot call the turn minraise if you are not going to call the river. The turn raise indicates a very strong hand - what are you hoping the river will bring that will let you call his (almost definite) shove?
Old 05-25-2007, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hmm. you have AA on drawy flop in 18$ pot and with effective 40$ behind.
bet 15$ on the flop and shove the turn. Why wouldn't we want to play for 100BB stacks in reraised pot with AA?

[/ QUOTE ]

Juggler, tks for the reply. The reason is that this guy`s really nitty and my notes on him are that he usualy only 3bets me with JJ+ and AK. I`m also sure that he would 4bet shove with KK. so his most likely holding are JJ or QQ IMO. If he has AK I probably induce a bluff by checking the flop, eventhought this guy hardly ever bluffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand your reasoning. But even the nittiest guys can try to steal in reraised pot. especialy after you have shown weaknes with check on the flop and small bet on the turn.

If this was only raise pot. so 4$ with 50$ behind - i could find a fold and try to see where i stand.
but the reason we 3bet this hand pf is to neglect any implied odds he might have against our hand.
When 1/6 of the stack is in preflop. You can go busto always when he ouutdraws and keep his call a mistake.
And minraise in turn after you shown weakness and small river bet in not enough eveidence for me to fold this - even against a nit.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:05 AM

Are you saying he only calls a 3bet with JJ+, AK?
Old 05-25-2007, 05:38 AM

Stack off on the flop please, not betting there is bad.

As played you have to fold the turn because you beat nothing and he doesn't look like the type of player to be making a move on you with those stats.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:48 AM

You have to bet that flop. Given his range he can't have a flush draw as you have the diamond A so on flop you are likely ahead. Also you said he never bluffs, so why give him the free card, he is either calling or has you crushed.

As played it's hard to say what to do. Sounds like this guys stats are pointing to a turn fold cause its all going in on the river..

Either way betting this flop makes the hand soooo much easier to play as if he calls flop and raises turn you must fold (unless its an A :P )
Old 05-25-2007, 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Either way betting this flop makes the hand soooo much easier to play as if he calls flop and raises turn you must fold (unless its an A :P )

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah. The hand shuould be played this way:
[ QUOTE ]

SB: $43.15
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $67.00</font>
UTG: $89.15
MP: $48.75
CO: $12.25
BTN: $50.40

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="red">MP raises to $3.00</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8.50</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $5.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($17.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero BETS 15$, MP CALLZ

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($47.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $30.00</font>, <font color="red">MP calls 25$ and is allin </font>, Hero FOLDZ

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-25-2007, 06:33 AM

hahah nice point juggler.. i thought he had hero covered.

Given stacks bet flop, try and get it in there.

As played I'd fold turn against this villan. Either way its probably close. Most important lesson in this hand IMHO is bet that flop.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:23 AM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
Are you saying he only calls a 3bet with JJ+, AK?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he plays very straighforward nitty ABC poker. I have played him alot and, haven`t seen him get out of line. I usualy try to avoid getting into big pots vs him. However, the times I have my reads usualy where always spot on. Against me he 3bets JJ+, AK preflop. I have been able to exploit this a bit. Hope he doesn`t reads this.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:18 AM

If this guy is such a nit, why is he slightly over-raising from MP pre? Looks a bit odd to me. I'd make it $9 pre, maybe $10 if I thought he liked his hand enough to call.

And yeah, I think I just lead out flop. If he shoves, it must be KK or QQ, so really that's got to be a felt from hero.

As played, your turn bet looks weak to me and if this guy wasn't a nit I might think he is putting you on a weak AK steal and mr you as a re-steal w/KK/JJ. But as he is such a nit, meh, doubt it.

On river...any chance he's pushed KK? Well, probably not but you have underrepped your hand hugely post so I don't think it's impossible, just probably unlikely.

I guess by river you are now behind his range of JJ/QQ/KK, so fold is ok, but I think damage is done by then.

(All just IMO).