Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 08:02 PM

Default Re: Lolo? KKF? Samo? Bld? Where are these guys?

What happened to BLd?
Old 05-24-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What happened to BLd?

[/ QUOTE ]

He went back to doing what he really loves...

He is the one on the right.

Old 05-25-2007, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So couple questions:
Where are these guys? Do they still play?

I was just learning NL when LOLO, Samo, and Bld were dominating party, and never had the foresight to bother to datamine them (and if I had, I’m sure that DB is long gone anyway). Can anyone give a rundown of their stats and styles and an overview of their stylistic differences in the context of today’s games?

I’ve had plenty of time watching the nosebleeds on FTP, and constantly wonder how some of these guys would fare against the likes of ABA, Durrr, Ozzy, etc (or if this is just a moranic question as they are playing there now under new names / some of these guys ARE the aforementioned).

Anyway, really just looking for a semi-intelligent discussion of styles, not hand histories, full stats, exploitive strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you want some semi intelligent on samos play just search his old posts here, one of the best strat posters before EM2 got jealous that people thought Samo was better than him

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point - I've read all his posts and articles, however as he always claimed to not use PT, there was rarely stat discussion.

I'm really the most curious about Bld as he was really one of the most influential (IMO) players of the last decade. As such, I'd just like to know a bit more about the legend that I BARELY missed my opportunity to see play.

At the very least, I'd just kinda like to know his vpip/pfr/AF.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hes been playing on stars lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

inquiring minds want to know where YOU play, fsu :-)
Old 05-25-2007, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So couple questions:
Where are these guys? Do they still play?

I was just learning NL when LOLO, Samo, and Bld were dominating party, and never had the foresight to bother to datamine them (and if I had, I’m sure that DB is long gone anyway). Can anyone give a rundown of their stats and styles and an overview of their stylistic differences in the context of today’s games?

I’ve had plenty of time watching the nosebleeds on FTP, and constantly wonder how some of these guys would fare against the likes of ABA, Durrr, Ozzy, etc (or if this is just a moranic question as they are playing there now under new names / some of these guys ARE the aforementioned).

Anyway, really just looking for a semi-intelligent discussion of styles, not hand histories, full stats, exploitive strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you want some semi intelligent on samos play just search his old posts here, one of the best strat posters before EM2 got jealous that people thought Samo was better than him

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point - I've read all his posts and articles, however as he always claimed to not use PT, there was rarely stat discussion.

I'm really the most curious about Bld as he was really one of the most influential (IMO) players of the last decade. As such, I'd just like to know a bit more about the legend that I BARELY missed my opportunity to see play.

At the very least, I'd just kinda like to know his vpip/pfr/AF.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't play Party much back then. But I saw Rhino for free 2-3 months after they started collecting and bldswttrs was up over $400k at 10-20 NL on party for that time period.

I also saw a datamine on a random website with over 30k hands (unspecified) that had him playing 38/32 and winning at about 1.7 times the rate as the guy in 2nd, lol.

I'd love to get more info too.

-Jeff
Old 05-25-2007, 04:17 AM

yea fsu wtf who are you and how much am i up on you???
Old 05-25-2007, 07:15 AM

Wow some sensible discussion for a change on a topic I'm sure everyone would like to know more about. Now, don't get me wrong, I love the horsesh1t that flies around NVG but sometimes it's nice to read a thread that is really looking for discussion.

FYI OP - Bld posts on 2+2 albeit seldomly. I treat his few contributions as The Word of God though when he does decide to post [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-25-2007, 07:25 AM

This thread starts off as a little absurd, but actually generates some good discussion about Bld's and his style of play

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rt=all&vc=1
Old 05-25-2007, 09:47 AM

Wow that thread was crazy retarded. Talk about sour grapes from being outplayed and outclassed on a regular basis. Back to the point, I'm like OP, I never have had the benefits of watching any of the aforementioned players play as I was never a regular on Party (stupidly!). Having said that, isn't Bld notthistime or something long those lines on Stars? And wasn't lolo's Tilt name outted recently?? is it jinksokkp??
Old 05-25-2007, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What happened to BLd?

[/ QUOTE ]

He is the one on the right.

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome