Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 01:53 PM

Default Re: First Date Fall-back Topics

"Do you have a cum rag too?"
Old 05-24-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ask her how she feels about you posting a TR in OOT after the date.

I'm of the opinion that it's not something you can go into with a set of questions. If things work, it just flows and you don't even think about it. You can talk about hours and not have a dull moment. If it's not working, there's no question you can ask that will save everything.

Awkward dates suck, but they happen all the time. Just know how to cut them short and don't drag them out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I've been on plenty of dates in the past, but I haven't been on a ton since getting out of a 4-year relationship, so I'm a bit rusty. Just a little concerned about that awkward date potential. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I met her in a group environment once before, and she had a really outgoing personality and great sense of humor (way more than most girls), so I don't expect too much awkwardness/silence.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Do you have a cum rag too?"

[/ QUOTE ]
Do I ask this before or after I find out if she does A2M?
Old 05-24-2007, 02:00 PM

If she does A2M, she doesn't need a cum rag LDO.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just shut up and let them worry about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much dead on. She should be doing 90% of the talking. If there is a break in the conversation, just shut the hell up and wait for her to break it. Don't try to help her by saying something stupid. Just sit back and relax. She will break the silence.

You just ask questions and make her laugh. Don't talk about sex, religion, or politics. Keep it light and funny. Let her talk and just listen. Remember everything she says. Don't interrupt.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ask her how she feels about you posting a TR in OOT after the date.

I'm of the opinion that it's not something you can go into with a set of questions. If things work, it just flows and you don't even think about it. You can talk about hours and not have a dull moment. If it's not working, there's no question you can ask that will save everything.

Awkward dates suck, but they happen all the time. Just know how to cut them short and don't drag them out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I've been on plenty of dates in the past, but I haven't been on a ton since getting out of a 4-year relationship, so I'm a bit rusty. Just a little concerned about that awkward date potential. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I met her in a group environment once before, and she had a really outgoing personality and great sense of humor (way more than most girls), so I don't expect too much awkwardness/silence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get her smiling and laughing and she'll be putty in your hands. I hate all the boring questions like "where are you from" and stuff like that. You can use that if there is a dull moment to get things rolling to the next topic, plus she may reveal something you can.

I really find power in telling stupid stories, even if they make me look dumb. You can get them laughing at/with you and it makes them more comfortable knowing you don't take life so seriously. If you're a good storyteller and can animate the story, you can turn any stupid story into a funny moment.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:11 PM

I find there are 2 topics that people will always talk about. They are incredibly boring, but everyone has a story.

They are:
- pets (people love to talk about their dog, etc)
- speeding ticket stories

I usually try to tell a lot of good stories. People love to hear about embarrassing things, ridiculous moments, etc. Also, there's nothing wrong with a little exaggeration to spice up stories.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:11 PM

"What's the last thing you've done for the first time?"
Old 05-24-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually try to tell a lot of good stories. People love to hear about embarrassing things, ridiculous moments, etc. Also, there's nothing wrong with a little exaggeration to spice up stories.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can tell this is a man that does well with chicks.

I met this girl the one night and we went to a bar. We jumped into the first bar we saw and they were playing live music. The music was like WAY loud so we're standing next to each other yelling and could barely hear each other.

So I'm playing up the hard at hearing thing just yelling "WHAT?! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" Then, it turned into a movie scene because just as I started yelling it again, the music suddenly cut off. So now I'm yelling "WHAT?! I CAN'T HEAR YOU" when the bar was pretty quiet. Everyone starts looking at me and the girl is laughing her ass off at me. Then she was like "OMG, Everyone was looking at you" and I just play it off all cool and go "When you look as good as I do, you're used to people looking at you". I was definitely embarrassed but I just played it off.

This was pretty early on in the night, really lightened the mood for the whole night and we ended up having a great time.

I know it's not the PUA way, but don't be afraid to embarrass yourself. Just don't harp on it and act like everything is cool.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:47 PM

Ask her how many five-year olds she could take on . . .

Ask her if a Ultimate Fighting champ could take on a chimp.

Ask her if Sorenson could shoot better from the front than Tiger from the tips if all Tiger had was a 7 iron and a putter.

How do you not already know this stuff?