Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 12:32 PM

Default Re: NL25: Can I fold this set?

[ QUOTE ]
I think villains range is all over this hand and I put him on 9T or TJ. As most have said raise more and bet more on the flop and turn. I like blocking the river for 5 or 6.

GS

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree on all points. One thing I've seen at NL25 is that big river bets mean business virtually 100% of the time.

On a side note, I think the biggest weakness at this level is the inability to fold top pair or even a set on hopeless boards. It's almost as if some players don't even see the board or give a second thought to what an opponent might have.

If you can peg these players, these types of donkish river overpushes can actually pay off when you make a nut hand on the river. Twice in the past week I've hit the nut flush on the river and raised a river bet all in for some ridiculous amount and gotten called. Obviously it's not optimal play but in situations where you're up against someone who simply cannot fold big hands, it works.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Re: NL25: Can I fold this set?

[ QUOTE ]
As most have said raise more and bet more on the flop and turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious about the PF raise. Most would raise more preflop? Because I'm UTG? I started a thread a couple weeks ago about just this topic: PFR Sizing. Before that, I had been raising 4x UTG, but now I've been leaning toward 3x. I agree, definitely should have bet more on flop and turn. Blocking bet is good idea on river, wish I would have thought of it.