Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2006, 05:41 PM

Default Re: (77S) Big draw vs small stack and monster stack

What I like about the new structure is that you can play hands more aggressively in the early stages because it won't neccessarily cripple your stack.

I personnaly feel the best way to extract value from this hand is to raise. I don't mind the call either, but I prefer the raise.

A lot of your outs are going to slow your opponents way down. An A will scare someone betting a bare K and a spade will slow almost any holding down.

So, I re-raise here to about 450 and re-evaluate from there.
Old 02-20-2006, 05:49 PM

I fold preflop, and on the flop I like a call. The pot isn't big enough for the risk of pushing, and I'm getting great odds on my call and can get away cheaply if the turn blanks and another big bet comes my way. I really don't want to be called by big stack with some crappy K.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold preflop, and on the flop I like a call. The pot isn't big enough for the risk of pushing, and I'm getting great odds on my call and can get away cheaply if the turn blanks and another big bet comes my way. I really don't want to be called by big stack with some crappy K.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your "called by big stack with come crappy K" comment got me thinking. Like I said, this guy wasn't shy about getting chips in play. If he had a K, he probably would've raised.

The pot is a bit small to push, but any raise pretty much commits me on the turn anyway, so maybe a push is correct. If the big stack doesn't have much of a hand, maybe I won't get paid off if I hit the turn. In that case, better to just take the pot now, and take my chances if they call.