Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 10:52 AM

Default Re: Playing a draw/bluff OOP too aggressively?

Preflop should be a reraise or fold most of the time. At these stakes a fold usaully. Yeah just check fold the flop. One card flush draws to the third nuts are not that good. Betting turn is okay but you have to bet more than half pot if you want him to fold. Checking river can be okay to induce bluffs but don't check raise a lower flush will fold mostly if they chose to bet.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:53 AM

I'll throw away a lot of hands pre-flop...

That said, I'm still a typical 30/16 player. I've begun to tighten a bit simply because I find myself in too many pots and it becomes hard to discern where I am when it comes to pairs vs pairs against 80/20 and 60/9 ultra-lags in micros.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop. Rest of the hand, not sure. Any reads? CO plays this like he may have either flopped the flush or as Ad. He smooth calls to the river where he bets. This is very read dependant.

[/ QUOTE ]

No reads, basic neutral stats on the guy if I remember right. I think what I'm learning from this though which you allude to is that being how this is read dependent I'm putting myself to really hard decisions out of position that can't be very +ev, do I really need to be putting myself in these situations?

I really don't and need to train myself to cut down on trying to outplay people and just give up on some pots.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll throw away a lot of hands pre-flop...

That said, I'm still a typical 30/16 player. I've begun to tighten a bit simply because I find myself in too many pots and it becomes hard to discern where I am when it comes to pairs vs pairs against 80/20 and 60/9 ultra-lags in micros.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah and variance will kill you when you're playing these small edges. I'm on a six buy in downswing some because of bad play, but a bunch of it is people peeling one off because they don't believe me when I'm playing 30/20 they have second pair and I have top pair and they hit a second pair or weird straight or the ace comes on the turn etc., your edges are extremely small playing like that am I'm starting to feel it now.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop should be a reraise or fold most of the time. At these stakes a fold usaully. Yeah just check fold the flop. One card flush draws to the third nuts are not that good. Betting turn is okay but you have to bet more than half pot if you want him to fold. Checking river can be okay to induce bluffs but don't check raise a lower flush will fold mostly if they chose to bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for helping beat into my head that I'm an aggro monkey and need to go into rebuilding my game mode. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2007, 11:05 AM

Preflop: Fold or 3-bet (I'm nitty and lean heavily towards folding). Calling OOP with this marginal hand is by far the worst option.

Flop: If you've 3-bet pre, a c-bet is mandatory on that flop. As played, I'd prefer to check since you won't have significant FE vs 3 players with your passive preflop line, but betting out isn't terrible, either. If you do lead, though, bet as if you mean it. 3/4 pot should be the bare minimum.

Turn: Not a big fan of your bet sizing again. A thinking player will know you're on a draw here and put you all in with better hands. Would you bet the same amount with say two pair or a set? Think of it that way when you're sizing your bets.

River: As subwithbates said, lead here. Many worse hands will call instead of checking behind. If you do check, do not raise a lead, there's virtually no worse hand that will call your c/r ai. If you check here, you're doing so to induce some bluffs, and they won't call your raise.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Fold or 3-bet (I'm nitty and lean heavily towards folding). Calling OOP with this marginal hand is by far the worst option.

Flop: If you've 3-bet pre, a c-bet is mandatory on that flop. As played, I'd prefer to check since you won't have significant FE vs 4 players with your passive preflop line, but betting out isn't terrible, either. If you do lead, though, bet as if you mean it. 3/4 pot should be the bare minimum.

Turn: Not a big fan of your bet sizing again. A thinking player will know you're on a draw here and put you all in with better hands. Would you bet the same amount with say two pair or a set? Think of it that way when you're sizing your bets.

River: As subwithbates said, lead here. Many worse hands will call instead of checking behind. If you do check, do not raise a lead, there's virtually no worse hand that will call your c/r ai. If you check here, you're doing so to induce some bluffs, and they won't call your raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, another good point. If I *am* going to be an aggro monkey I should at least be betting enough to scare people out of the pot. River I see now that you are correct.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:03 PM

30/16 isn't...good...30/20 is a little better, though I don't believe you have the skills to play 30/20 (considering your KQ play) Play something like 24/20, and make sure your playing in position (CO and OTB) for the vast majority of your hands

Crovax