Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 09:54 PM

Default Re: 200NL - 180bbs - Should I value shove river?

[ QUOTE ]
is this a joke?

[/ QUOTE ]

instead of giving some smart ass one liner, why don't you at least try to give an intelligent response with explanations for your reasoning.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Villain is pretty loose passive. He has $150 left behind on the river. Value shove or just call?

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $177.72
BB: $198.25
UTG: $43.10
MP: $175.56
<u>CO: $360.65</u>
<u>Hero (BTN): $389.23</u>

CO posts $3.00
<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP checks, CO checks, <font color="red">Hero raises to $10.00</font>, 3 folds, CO calls $8.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($25) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $16.00</font>, CO calls $16.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($57) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $41.00</font>, <font color="red">[b]CO raises to $82.00[b]</font>, Hero calls $41.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($221) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $100.00</font>, Hero ???

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($57) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $41.00</font>, <font color="red">[b]CO raises to $82.00[b]</font>
which theorem is this again?

[/ QUOTE ]

i threw that theorem in the trash when i got burned with it the first 4 times i applied it.

[/ QUOTE ]

how would u know u got burned? u should have folded
Old 05-22-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Villain is pretty loose passive. He has $150 left behind on the river. Value shove or just call?

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

CO posts $3.00
<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP checks, CO checks, <font color="red">Hero raises to $10.00</font>, 3 folds, CO calls $8.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($25) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)

CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $41.00</font>, <font color="red">[b]CO raises to $82.00[b]</font>, Hero calls $41.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($221) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)

[/ QUOTE ]

CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $41.00</font>, <font color="red">[b]CO raises to $82.00[b]</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

i threw that theorem in the trash when i got burned with it the first 4 times i applied it.

[/ QUOTE ]

how would u know u got burned? u should have folded

[/ QUOTE ]

I think i'm just really confused...disregard whatever i said previously [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2007, 10:02 PM

the times you flop straights to your opponent's flopped sets should even out when the situation is reversed. neither you nor opponent are likely to save much money there.

so, when you have sets on boards like this, get your money in and hope you're ahead. sometimes you won't be, but that's poker.

edit: added italics for clarity
Old 05-22-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

CO posts $3.00

[/ QUOTE ]

CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $41.00</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $82.00</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

idk what theorem you mean, but for me it's the "Thank god he likes his hand enough to call my shove" theorem.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing you shoved, and got called by KT. AMIRITE?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-22-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing you shoved, and got called by KT. AMIRITE?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

results orientated much?
Old 05-22-2007, 10:13 PM

did i really just get berated by someone for asking if we should value shove midset on a rainbow ace high board with only one possible hand that could realistically beat us. if he limp calls JJ,QQ, or AA he deserves our money but this is often ace jack or ace queenor even some kind of odd combo draw on the turn like qj of clubs that not shoving this river is criminal. if op got coolered so be it but we're ahead like 95% of the time, and most of that time the villain has a hand that can call our shove. im glad you felt the need to berate me and ask for a thought process on like the most standard hand ever.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
did i really just get berated by someone for asking if we should value shove midset on a rainbow ace high board with only one possible hand that could realistically beat us. if he limp calls JJ,QQ, or AA he deserves our money but this is often ace jack or ace queenor even some kind of odd combo draw on the turn like qj of clubs that not shoving this river is criminal. if op got coolered so be it but we're ahead like 95% of the time, and most of that time the villain has a hand that can call our shove. im glad you felt the need to berate me and ask for a thought process on like the most standard hand ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never berated you, so idk what you mean here.

Or are you using quick reply, but not bothering to clarify to whom you are replying?
Old 05-22-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude...if you would read my last post in this thread, i said this was closer to a shove than a call.

and i didn't berate you, i asked for your reasoning (because I thought you were replying to the post in which I said to shove).