Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 11:40 AM

Default Re: What I\'ve Learned.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
- Vegetarians are for the most part boring and untrustworthy. I was a vegetarian for two years. I thank my friends for sticking by me during that dark time.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I love it. Maybe the protein deficiency?

edit: just so you realise, alot of these are just generalisations you have made based off of a small sample of personal experiences.

edit 2: spell check sucks in terms of accepting british and canadian variantions of words.

[/ QUOTE ]

and picking up words like "alot".. no wait, it does pick those up

also, variantions
Old 05-22-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are never unhappy after taking your dog for a walk.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like this one
Old 05-22-2007, 11:46 AM

- doing most simple boring tasks is a lot easier / more satisfying if you tell yourself 'ok i'm doing it might as well do it well (eg in most efficient way possible, whatever)' etc; eg cleaning dishes.

- people who talk of improv acting (I think this is in the book Blink?) say that to improv act, one of the first easy things to do is always answer yes to whatever question you are asked, as this generates more interesting scenarios; this is actually true of all of life in my experience; if someone says 'we are doing X or Y, want to come', your answer should basically always be yes imo, provided you don't have something genuinely important to do. This is especially true when travelling, if someone allows you an opening to do something that could be interesting / outside your normal endeavours, ALWAYS do it; even if you've been up all night or you want to watch the rest of some movie or your clothes don't fit the venue, whatever, when you look back, these things will only make your experience better.

- fresh herbs are the best way to make [censored] taste good without making it less healthy; pepper, etc too; If you have a bowl of lemons, and adding half to some water breaks the monotony if you don't drink soda. Add a quil of cinamon to milk while you're heating it (microwaving, whatever) when making hot chocolate to make it taste a million times better. I also like to add a cardamon pod or two if i have them.

- constant eye contact makes it way easier to get laid; even people who aren't brad pitt have nice eyes - stop them from looking at your beer gut and your clawed up right hand (too much starcraft?).

- If a girl says 'come over to sleep with me', and you want to sleep with her at some point, but you are too tired/think you look like [censored] since you've been up all night/thinking of how it could be done better in the future, have a shower and go anyway. chicks are insecure and you probably won't get asked again, + if she is asking you over, she's probably already done half the work in her head fantasising about who knows what. Then you will get another chance when its more convenient for you.

I've learnt this reply was probably too long, too, amongst many other things, but that will do for now.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:10 PM

Wear sunscreen.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:12 PM

Say "thank you" often and mean it every time.

edit: I realized how stupid and corny this sounds so I'll elaborate. I used to hate to say "thank you" for anything; dunno why. I was sort of forced to do it as a kid and maybe that's part of it. Anyway, later in life I started to really see the things I should be grateful for, even the tiny things like the waitress bringing a water refill without being asked or somebody holding a door for a couple seconds. I find looking people in the eye, saying "thank you" for these things and genuinely appreciating it has made my life much more pleasant.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:20 PM

-You should never marry a girl unless she has given herself to you anally. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

-If you are almost 40 and you still wake up with wood every morning....consider yourself lucky.
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
-My parents were a lot smarter than I gave them credit for. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

-It is better to have a few really good friends than to have a lot of OK friends. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

-I will never fully understand women. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

-Even after twelve beers, I am still smarter than 96.7% of Americans. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

-Lipstick lesbians are SEXY!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

-Rosie O'Fatass is likely the most annoying, uninformed, pig of a woman I will ever see. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

-SIZE DOES MATTER... you don't see two inch dildos flying off the shelf! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

-America is overmedicated....if you refuse to see the doctor, you can't be diagnosed with anything! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-Metrosexuals are pussies! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

-Gay men actually find me attractive. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-Lesbians...not so much. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

-Shrinks are quacks. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

-Being famous should not impress people. (even though it does for most of the US) [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

-The government should cut 75% of the budget... minimum. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

-You don't know what love is until you have kids. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Caring what other people actually think of you is way overrated. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

-McDonalds french Fries will forever be considered the best. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

-Natural intellect far outweighs education. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

-Lawyers have caused far more harm than good in this country. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

-PETA, Greenpeace, and that ilk are huge, evil propaganda machines. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

-If I get my money in the pot as a favorite, I will lose 80% of the time. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't know what love is until you have kids.

[/ QUOTE ]
Damn breeders
Old 05-22-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-If you are almost 40 and you still wake up with wood every morning....consider yourself lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm almost 37. That's close enough for me!

I like this thread.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm almost 37. That's close enough for me!

I like this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm givin all you youngins pearls here....print it out, write em down, commit them to memory, whatever. Save yourself the time and effort of learning these things on your own. Pokerbobo speaks the truth! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Say "thank you" often and mean it every time.

edit: I realized how stupid and corny this sounds so I'll elaborate. I used to hate to say "thank you" for anything; dunno why. I was sort of forced to do it as a kid and maybe that's part of it. Anyway, later in life I started to really see the things I should be grateful for, even the tiny things like the waitress bringing a water refill without being asked or somebody holding a door for a couple seconds. I find looking people in the eye, saying "thank you" for these things and genuinely appreciating it has made my life much more pleasant.

[/ QUOTE ]

in thailand people take this very seriously. when they say thank you the put their hands together and bow their head and as far as i can tell mean it genuinely. it feels good to genuinely apreaciate things.