Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2007, 03:47 PM

Default Re: 50NL: lol Laydownaments

Dude, even with 45% equity you gotta push here.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:50 PM

Dont fold.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:59 PM

10% preflop raise is so nitty. He has JJ-QQ here. I'd push the flop. You would probably use up some of your timeclock too before you pushed, so that might confuse villain and make him feel more at ease if he does have JJ-QQ as he might assume if you did have KK+ you would instapush.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I may be narrowing down too much, but with PFR of 4, you are looking at TT+ pretty much. I wrote a program just yesterday experimenting with hand ranges to determine exactly that question... I don't have the program handy, but I'm pretty sure TT+ accounts for 4%. In this case, there is only one hand that beats you in this range.

Here, I'd probably call and shove turn. You could also shove the flop, but he might laydown JJ and QQ. He might bet once more on the turn, and obviously if he has AA, nh, and move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

My edit button didn't come up, so I have to reply to myself. I misread the OP Villian stats, and with 10% (not 4% that I originally wrote) we widen a little bit, but not where you think. Again, going from memory, but 10% came out to TT+, AJs+, AJo+, maybe other suited, connected broadways. He's not playing that strong though here without TT+. I'm really not going to be afraid of a set here unless I have notes on the villian or a wider range (15%+) that indicates he raises with little PP's from any position, and will call re-raises with them.

Pokey has a great post where he broke down the PFR ranges by percent. You might look at that and keep it near your desk. Very useful!