Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2007, 05:19 AM

Default Re: FTOPS ME bubble AKo

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My initial reaction before I read the other replies was to fold. After all, this is one of the biggest online tournaments, and who wants to bubble that? 10 from the bubble and you could probably find a better spot to steal the pot and pick up chips. You aren't in a hurry to do anything, so just fold and at least win some cash without having to risk your life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding because it's close to the bubble isn't a good reason to fold IMO...

I fold because of the re-raising range...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I know, but I fold because I like guaranteed money!!! Once the bubble breaks, the speed at which players start to drop out increases. It's like breaking a dam.

I agree though, and think that we are risking a ton of our chips.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:33 AM

Push, his reraising range is wide, calling range should be super tight at the bubble.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:37 AM

interesting discussion...

looks like 50-50 for folding/shoving of the opinions here...

I'm not sure which side to take, I wonder why people are *mostly* so clear about their decision here...
Old 05-21-2007, 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Push, his reraising range is wide, calling range should be super tight at the bubble.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are saying that near the bubble, most of the time a "good solid" opponent is re-raising with the intention of folding to a push from later position?
Old 05-21-2007, 10:23 AM

snap fold for me given your description of MP1
Old 05-21-2007, 10:53 AM

The reraise seems standard sized rather than big.

I would just push, because you should have a lot of FE and MP1 doesn't need JJ+, AK to reraise given description of UTG+1.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:14 AM

Give your reads it's extremely close. In terms of chips... Despite MP1's range being wide his calling range isn't, and 4 people haven't acted behind you. This would be a clear shove on the BTN IMHO.

-Is your table difficult?
-Have you got any sot spots at the table where you can steal/resteal with good results?

It looks like there are big stacks before you that you could resteal from easily, and medium/shortish behind you that might give their blinds to you with not too much trouble until the bubble burst.

If your image is good/your the best player/etc... I think you can fold and live to fight another day. If on the other hand everyone is giving you trouble especially the people behind you, you should be willing to gamble.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:17 AM

There's a lot of things to think about. You have over 30xBB. You certainly are under no pressure to shove into what is likely a coin flip at best with MP1. There's also the possibility that someone behind you wakes up. I fold here, unless there was some specific read on MP1 as a loose reraiser. Even then I probably fold because I don't see the need to risk the tournament when you have a very healthy stack, praying that you're flipping.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Give your reads it's extremely close. In terms of chips... Despite MP1's range being wide his calling range isn't, and 4 people haven't acted behind you. This would be a clear shove on the BTN IMHO.

-Is your table difficult?
-Have you got any sot spots at the table where you can steal/resteal with good results?

It looks like there are big stacks before you that you could resteal from easily, and medium/shortish behind you that might give their blinds to you with not too much trouble until the bubble burst.

If your image is good/your the best player/etc... I think you can fold and live to fight another day. If on the other hand everyone is giving you trouble
especially the people behind you, you should be willing to gamble.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with all that this becomes very easy if Im on the button or the action started in MP....

the table was pretty avg IMO, guys behind me were just starting to play back more but there were 2 fairly soft spots at this point that were easy to play with. Last time I gave results I was told it was too soon, so I'll wait a bit longer, and see if anyone else has anything to add
Old 05-21-2007, 01:23 PM

At first glance i didn't think you had much FE on Ep+1, but you definetly do. However, someone said you can for sure discount him from having AA or KK, and I don't think that is true. Many players are so scared of bubbling that they don't actually want action with big hands and will make it pricey to call. So, I dunno. I guess I fold and pick another spot.