Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Re: $11+1 FT 2 situations I am not in very often

[ QUOTE ]
I used to be very tight S&G player and never played SC. But now that I play more cash games - why do we fold 79s in a family pot?

[/ QUOTE ]
Fold pf here only if a raise behind is likely to very likely. Otherwise, implied odds and low blinds make calling favourable.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:09 PM

Hand 1 I either shove the flop or fold the flop. Calling or raising a little is pretty much spewing chips.

Hand 2, I just call the river bet. SB is unlikely to have a hand that will pay off a river raise. He is either bluffing, value betting a pair or has the flush. So basically, you will not get any more out of him.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2, I just call the river bet. SB is unlikely to have a hand that will pay off a river raise. He is either bluffing, value betting a pair or has the flush. So basically, you will not get any more out of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like the only reason I should not raise him on the river here is because I have noted him as loose/passive. He limped oop on me every opportunity he had in 10 orbits and I was fortunate enough to either hit the flop or push him off his hand each and every time (mainly because he folded 70% of the flops to any kind of bet). He could be holding any hand and could very easily have made a 2 pair or even 3 of a kind that would result in him paying me off big time on the river. I am not completely disagreeing with just calling his bet because I felt like he might have flushed, but I do believe there are alot of other holdings that he could have that I have beat and would result in him calling my raise.