Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2007, 05:48 PM

Default Re: Help me make a new desktop: Will pay 200 to the best design...

Dude, don't pay $200 for anyone to link you to a model offered by a computer manufacturer. Most of these guys can't even build a PC themself, they're just going to a website and picking within your price range (because at 2-4k , the needs you described are obviously included).

I reccomend having someone build a badass PC for you with custom components that you know, because for $2,000 you can pick the exact same components a PC like Alienware will literally charge $4,000 for. And you won't have the tons of useless software to slow you down. You aren't paying market price for the components in pc's like that, you're paying market price+labor+rape. Whereas, sites like Newegg or Tiger Direct actually give you the components for market value and you can save the extra $$$$ by doing it yourself, or hell even throwing some guy $100 to put it together for oyu.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, don't pay $200 for anyone to link you to a model offered by a computer manufacturer. Most of these guys can't even build a PC themself, they're just going to a website and picking within your price range (because at 2-4k , the needs you described are obviously included).

I reccomend having someone build a badass PC for you with custom components that you know, because for $2,000 you can pick the exact same components a PC like Alienware will literally charge $4,000 for. And you won't have the tons of useless software to slow you down. You aren't paying market price for the components in pc's like that, you're paying market price+labor+rape. Whereas, sites like Newegg or Tiger Direct actually give you the components for market value and you can save the extra $$$$ by doing it yourself, or hell even throwing some guy $100 to put it together for oyu.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT dont be an idiot OP
Old 05-19-2007, 05:58 PM

I second lightem's opinion. Paying the neighborhood/family geek $200 for building a system is a much better option.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:04 PM

Gaucho, I'd be willing to build a system for $200 but you'd have to pick it up in Queens. If you're interested, PM me and I'll send you an invoice with a list of the components you'll need. All you'll need to do is pick out a case.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:05 PM

Lol alright, you guys got me. I am quite knowledgeable about computer configuration, and could find him a good one, but 200 dollars is very unreasonable. Still OP, let me know if you have any questions for small $$ (because I am le busto).
Old 05-19-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am quite knowledgeable about computer configuration, and could find him a good one, but 200 dollars is very unreasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a scumbag. I would pick him out a system for free, the only person he owes anything to is whoever physically assembles it for him.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am quite knowledgeable about computer configuration, and could find him a good one, but 200 dollars is very unreasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a scumbag. I would pick him out a system for free, the only person he owes anything to is whoever physically assembles it for him.

[/ QUOTE ]
huh? i think you misunderstood my post. i was agreeign with you guys. the thought of 200 dollars overwhelmed me. it was a dick thing to do to even consider ripping him off like that.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:16 PM

check PM
Old 05-19-2007, 06:42 PM

DONT GET ALIENWARE PLZ
Old 05-19-2007, 06:50 PM

Build your own computer.

Newegg.com FTW