Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2007, 03:57 PM

Default Re: CNN\'s Roland S. Martin defends Ron Paul with a great article

More often than not, the Palestinian problem is the one that is the rallying force. They associate American made bombs fired by Israelis killing Palestinians (and other Arabs Lebanese for example) as Americans killing Arabs. It is sort of a rough way of getting there, but that's how they are choosing to draw their conclusions. There are other factors such as the socioeconomic and political ones which contribute to this also. Religion is just the glue to throw it all together.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:23 PM

When Ron Paul said "They attacked us because we've been over there," "they" referred to Al Qaeda, and "there" referred to the Middle East.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
More often than not, the Palestinian problem is the one that is the rallying force. They associate American made bombs fired by Israelis killing Palestinians (and other Arabs Lebanese for example) as Americans killing Arabs. It is sort of a rough way of getting there, but that's how they are choosing to draw their conclusions. There are other factors such as the socioeconomic and political ones which contribute to this also. Religion is just the glue to throw it all together.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Israeli-Palestinian conflict is probably the number one factor. A friend of my enemy is my enemy. The U.S. gives billions of dollars to Israel, gives them top of the line military weapons, and does nothing to stop the constant abuse and killing of Palestinians by the Israelis.

Contrary to what Americans believe, a majority of the rest of the world sides with the Palestinians because they got tired of seeing the bully (Israel) beat up on the Palestinians, just like the world today is tired of the USA being the bully and beating up on others. Sooner or later the underdogs are going to pull off an upset and win. That is when events like 9/11 happen. They spent 500k on that operation and cost the US Economy billions. One of the goals of Al Qaeda is to bankrupt America and they are well on there way to doing it. I recall one instance when an Al Qaeda member was in court awaiting being sentenced and all he could say after his sentence was "the dollar is dead, the dollar is dead."

It really bothered me when the crowd started cheering for Rudy. Is the American public that dumb? Or was the audience filled with a bunch of neocon shills? I don't know what is going on. The only person on that panel who voted against the war was Ron Paul. 5 years later, who was right? That alone should gain him huge bonus points. He knew it was going to be a failure while everyone else was playing themselves.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Israeli-Palestinian conflict is probably the number one factor. A friend of my enemy is my enemy. The U.S. gives billions of dollars to Israel, gives them top of the line military weapons, and does nothing to stop the constant abuse and killing of Palestinians by the Israelis.

Contrary to what Americans believe, a majority of the rest of the world sides with the Palestinians because they got tired of seeing the bully (Israel) beat up on the Palestinians, just like the world today is tired of the USA being the bully and beating up on others. Sooner or later the underdogs are going to pull off an upset and win. That is when events like 9/11 happen. They spent 500k on that operation and cost the US Economy billions. One of the goals of Al Qaeda is to bankrupt America and they are well on there way to doing it. I recall one instance when an Al Qaeda member was in court awaiting being sentenced and all he could say after his sentence was "the dollar is dead, the dollar is dead."

It really bothered me when the crowd started cheering for Rudy. Is the American public that dumb? Or was the audience filled with a bunch of neocon shills? I don't know what is going on. The only person on that panel who voted against the war was Ron Paul. 5 years later, who was right? That alone should gain him huge bonus points. He knew it was going to be a failure while everyone else was playing themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly, the majority of Republicans, 77% I think I read, still believe in this war. That seems like an awfully high number to me since only about 30% of all Americans think this war is a good idea. Maybe the Republicans are not 50% of the population?

The problem is that the Reps want all the power that 9/11 gave them and they are not about to give it up. If 9/11 happened because the gov't foreign policies suck and have consequences then perhaps that policy needs to be changed (less nation building) but if you want to nation build, crave that power, and can't wait to spend a trillion dollars a year on a war so your bomb building friends can get rich then you must blame 9/11 on crazy people hating us for our freedoms. After all, that is not something we will change.

So Ron's speech was akin to saying the Emperor has no clothes. They can't stand it. My goodness, what if the people ever learned the truth? Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Now the best they can say is he is crazy. He is a lunatic, pay no attention to him, go back to American Idol.

But his message resonates, because truth always does eventually. It is a truth that would return this country to liberty and freedom. Not so good for those at the top trying to rob us blind, but pretty good for those of us getting ripped off daily. We would have poker without any regulation at all. A return to the ways of a year ago. And no taxes. Paul doesn't believe in the Income tax. He wants it abolished totally. He would trim the gov't down to almost nothing, get rid of the department of.... (fill in the blank) and get us out of a war that is costing 1 trillion a year (if you count ALL the costs including the cost of the hired military guys). Think of what we could with all that money.

Do you know how much one trillion dollars is? Start in the year 1 A.D. and spend/burn/shred one million dollars every day of every year and it would take you 734 years from today to spend one trillion.

I could use just one day's spending and retire for life. And I am leaving a couple of millennia (sp?) for the rest of you.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sadly, the majority of Republicans, 77% I think I read, still believe in this war. That seems like an awfully high number to me since only about 30% of all Americans think this war is a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]
Many of them believe in the war because "they hate our culture".... "they attacked us because we are who we are" and other misconceptions that Dr. Paul is talking about. Antiwar Democrats aren't even talking about the reasons like he is.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Al Qaeda is notoriously flexible in their excuses for doing things. Don't confuse their English language pronouncements, which cater to left wing and anti-war elements in the West, with what they release for the Middle East masses, which are something else entirely. Most of Al Qaeda's English language propaganda seems to be cribbed right from Chomsky and his ilk, it's not like they really give a damn about Iran in 1953 or Saddam and Iraq in the 1990's, they're just convenient arguments to make that sound good to Western ears. The Arabic language stuff is what we really need to pay attention to, and that doesn't sound so convincing to Western ears.

[/ QUOTE ]

So they've been making statements solely for the benefit of the party that, prior to November, was the minority party, and which still has no real power to stop the war? Wow.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Al Qaeda is notoriously flexible in their excuses for doing things. Don't confuse their English language pronouncements, which cater to left wing and anti-war elements in the West, with what they release for the Middle East masses, which are something else entirely. Most of Al Qaeda's English language propaganda seems to be cribbed right from Chomsky and his ilk, it's not like they really give a damn about Iran in 1953 or Saddam and Iraq in the 1990's, they're just convenient arguments to make that sound good to Western ears. The Arabic language stuff is what we really need to pay attention to, and that doesn't sound so convincing to Western ears.

[/ QUOTE ]

So they've been making statements solely for the benefit of the party that, prior to November, was the minority party, and which still has no real power to stop the war? Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Al Qaeda's goals are much bigger than Iraq. To see them only through the Iraq prism is to completely misunderstand them. Iraq is now a mere skirmish in a much, much larger contest.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No. America's goals are much bigger than Iraq. To see them only through the Iraq prism is to completely misunderstand them. Iraq is now a mere skirmish in a much, much larger contest.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No. America's goals are much bigger than Iraq. To see them only through the Iraq prism is to completely misunderstand them. Iraq is now a mere skirmish in a much, much larger contest.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

[/ QUOTE ]

That too. But to think that if we had no goals, the other side wouldn't have any either is just naive.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

[/ QUOTE ]

That too. But to think that if we had no goals, the other side wouldn't have any concerning us is just true.

[/ QUOTE ]