Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2007, 12:49 AM

Default Re: Japanese Anime: Nerds Unite!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Naruto Shippuuden is really good right now. I'm still waiting for the youngsters to get into big fight sequences, you only see like single moves.....

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think Shippuuden is THAT good right now, it started off with a bang with Gaara, I'll admit, but for the meantime they seem to be doing some insane buildup. I imagine it becoming unreal very soon. Next episode should be good.

[/ QUOTE ]
I actually know what's going to happen because I've read the manga which is far ahead of the anime plot-wise. If you want any spoiler questions answered, you can PM me. With an anime like Naruto, I think it's better to take a year off from watching, then catch up. Since each story arc is so long, this is the only way to actually see the plot move at a decent pace.

[/ QUOTE ]
Easier said then done, it's hard to resist, although I have considered it. I'm thinking of reading the manga. I've never read it before, would I be disappointed in making the jump to it at this point?
Old 05-19-2007, 12:50 AM

I just am tired of useless people like that guy with the covered eye from the Sand Village. I think they're trying to not do what they did before, of making the episodes so packed with excellence and content, that used the stuff too fast.
Old 05-19-2007, 01:54 AM

Lupin The 3rd

http://www.lupinofficial.com/

This is the only anime I have ever watched. It quite possibly may be the "original anime"? IDK. Here is wiki link; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lupin_III

It started in early 70's, and is still going on now (with some movies, video games, etc..) I originally started watching on adult swim (cartoon network). However they stopped airing it.

It is basically a group of cool ppl, robbing/stopping crime. Very fun stuff, I suggest you check it out.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just am tired of useless people like that guy with the covered eye from the Sand Village. I think they're trying to not do what they did before, of making the episodes so packed with excellence and content, that used the stuff too fast.

[/ QUOTE ]
tonights episode seemed different
Old 05-25-2007, 01:41 AM

Kenshin - At least the first 4 major arcs or so. Really drops off as you get closer to the end of the series.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:56 AM

Wow you got 2 of my favorite anime right there in your list,
Cowboy Bebop (top 5) & GTO (top 5), those really rule.
One piece has gone kinda meh after the sk* [censored]. I'm not watching it anymore.

Some of greatest animes I remember:
Kimi ga nozomu eien (top 5) (some drama aight [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )
X TV
Get backers
Trigun
Hunter X Hunter (top 5)
Rurouni Kenshin
Gun Grave (top 5)
Hajime no Ippo
Vampire hunter D bloodlust
Samurai champloo
Samurai deeper Kyo
Hellsing
Ninja scroll MOVIE do not get the series it sucks ass.

Get info on them from www.animenfo.com

Just to name a few [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] All of the series I listed rock!

edit:[ QUOTE ]
Prince of Tennis: Amazing anime about a son of a former tennis pro who is growing into an amazing player.

[/ QUOTE ]
I liked the series somewhat until I started seeing the same patter all over again every match. It was so frustrating, maybe I'm too serious about this stuff meh [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. All those special effects really got to me too, I mean, MOON VOLLEY TWISTO SERVOO fkk.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't watch alot of this stuff but there is one show I like alot, Death Note.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it's okay. I haven't watched it in like 10 weeks though so I've missed some action but I'm going to catch up soon [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 05-25-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hikaru No Go
Don't knock it til you see it. It's about playing the Japanese board game, Go. Haha. Seriously, watching this anime will make you want to learn how to play Go. I'm amazed at how exciting they make a board game. I mean, imagine a TV show about guys playing chess, only super exciting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got to try this out, thanks for the recommendation. I'm finding it extremely hard to envision them making this exciting, though I LOVE the game of Go. It just doesn't seem like a visual idea. Very curious to try this now. I hope Netflix has it.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:14 AM

Ninja Scroll is a pretty good anime movie.

Do movies like princess mononoke, spirited away, howl's moving castle count. They are all by the same guy and really good. Howl's Moving Castle isnt nearly as good as the first 2. He has some other ones that are good also but i cant remember the names.

I like the original Dragonball.

O yeah and Outlaw Star. I used to watch it along time ago and thought it was great. I was a little younger though and dont know if I would still think it was as cool as earlier. I thought his gun and bullets were pretty sweet.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:17 AM

What are the series/movies that are considered the "best" anime of all time. I don't generally like a whole lot of anime but would love to watch some of the all time best.

Examples are Cowboy Bepop which I love and own the DVD's.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hikaru No Go
Don't knock it til you see it. It's about playing the Japanese board game, Go. Haha. Seriously, watching this anime will make you want to learn how to play Go. I'm amazed at how exciting they make a board game. I mean, imagine a TV show about guys playing chess, only super exciting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got to try this out, thanks for the recommendation. I'm finding it extremely hard to envision them making th.is exciting, though I LOVE the game of Go. It just doesn't seem like a visual idea. Very curious to try this now. I hope Netflix has it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Let me know what you think. I'd like to hear an opinion from someone who plays. Also, I feel I should clarify. It's not edge of your seat, heart pumping, action exciting. Exciting probably wasn't the best word. Suspenseful is probably better. They keep the matches very intriguing. And this is coming from someone who had never heard of Go before watching. Give it 5-6 episodes and see if you like it.