Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2007, 04:04 AM

Default Re: flop question

Here are my thoughts on spots like this, hopefully someone can give me their opinion on my line because it's not what most are suggesting.

I like to cap and lead the turn. Reason being that if villian had a better hand he would more often than not just call the CR and pop the turn when we lead out, the fact he 3bet the flop makes me think it's more likely our hand is good. If we take a passive line and just call down, we risk giving a free card on the turn to a gutshot/5outer. Also, if we cap and lead the turn and get raised - I think we can safely fold our 1pr, as we've shown quite a bit of strength and he has still raised us on the big street. By folding to a turn raise, we get away from the hand for 1.5BB (not counting calling villians 3bet), whereas calling down could cost us 2BB. Calling down also allows villian to put bets in when ahead and check the river when behind.

Any thoughts on this logic?
Old 05-18-2007, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here are my thoughts on spots like this, hopefully someone can give me their opinion on my line because it's not what most are suggesting.

I like to cap and lead the turn. Reason being that if villian had a better hand he would more often than not just call the CR and pop the turn when we lead out, the fact he 3bet the flop makes me think it's more likely our hand is good. If we take a passive line and just call down, we risk giving a free card on the turn to a gutshot/5outer. Also, if we cap and lead the turn and get raised - I think we can safely fold our 1pr, as we've shown quite a bit of strength and he has still raised us on the big street. By folding to a turn raise, we get away from the hand for 1.5BB (not counting calling villians 3bet), whereas calling down could cost us 2BB. Calling down also allows villian to put bets in when ahead and check the river when behind.

Any thoughts on this logic?

[/ QUOTE ]

great post. my thoughts exactly. waiting for the turn here with a better king or AA seems to be the norm at 30/60+
Old 05-18-2007, 06:26 PM

K3o is too weak. I could see capping the flop with K9+