Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2007, 10:01 AM

Default Re: WSOP: Easiest Braclet to win?

[ QUOTE ]
I played the 1500$ razz last year and it got about 404 players I think...

*warning semi-brag*

I got 16th

therefore it must be the easiest......although near the end there were alot of good players left.

Carlos M
Miami John
Bax
Eric Froelich
Steve Diano
etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey congrats (belatedly) Nick! I'll resist the urge to make a pun about the "soft" field and your last name [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

BTW, of the players that finished ahead of you, I count exactly 2 great Razz players, and maybe a couple of good ones. Some of the others are tremendous poker players, but spew way too much at razz. Obvioulsy their reading and tournament skills took them a long way (and having brass balls didn't hurt either).
Old 05-18-2007, 10:04 AM

technically its probably the 5K no limit 2 7 triple draw.

i guess possibly the 3K 7 card stud hi lo this year will have a smaller field than razz and more starting chips.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:50 AM

I forgot to mention Perry Friedman was also deep...Jeff Lisandro as well.

Not sure which are great razz players....but they are great poker players for sure. So it does get tougher. LOL of course I was the fav to take it down but I got baxed....meh what can you do.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I forgot to mention Perry Friedman was also deep...Jeff Lisandro as well.

Not sure which are great razz players....but they are great poker players for sure. So it does get tougher. LOL of course I was the fav to take it down but I got baxed....meh what can you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I'm sure Bax probably took out 20% of the field all by himself. I personally witnessed John Juanda getting Baxed repeatedly by Diano in the first few levels. He literally felted JJ all by himself... that's how he got so many chips.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:54 AM

LOL...funny you mention Diano and his big chip stack.. Diano moved to my table early on when he had an insane stack compared to the rest of us.

I played with him all the way to the top 27....where he crippled me in a big pot...I think I had a 94 and he had an 87 or something like that..

damn him [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-18-2007, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL...funny you mention Diano and his big chip stack.. Diano moved to my table early on when he had an insane stack compared to the rest of us.

I played with him all the way to the top 27....where he crippled me in a big pot...I think I had a 94 and he had an 87 or something like that..

damn him [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Level 5 is when he came over I take it? That's when our table broke. I already had a dead read on him and the rest of the table, so I was sorry to see him go. I can tell you plenty more Diano stories some time if you want to hear them [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 05-18-2007, 12:24 PM

Sure.....hes quite a character.....he had Josh Arieh and some kid pissed at him for something at our table I forget what though.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sure.....hes quite a character.....he had Josh Arieh and some kid pissed at him for something at our table I forget what though.

[/ QUOTE ]

He probaly called them down with a rough T while they were showing A238 but had (2JQ) in the hole.

Anyway, I had never see or heard of the guy before that weekend, but had played a STT sat with him the day before. I got crippled losing a big hand early, but soon after a woman at the table made one of the donk plays of all time. It's a 4-way pot with her, Diano, and two other guys when she figures her 95 showing may be the best hand on 4th st (even though Diano is showing a likely 8 draw and the other guys show even better than that). So she keeps raising to a 4-way cap, and when she paired her 9 on 5th street she must have figured she's pot committed so she raises back and forth with Diano who's made his 8 (and the other guys both bricked). Long story short, his 8 holds up, she's on the rail, and he's got about 3x the average stack. One of the guys he crippled went out next, and I got bounced in 6th place.

The next day I'm given my seat for the Razz event, and when I get there who is on my left but Mr. Diano! I say "hi" and that I guess he took down that sat. yesterday. Nope, he says, came in 3rd [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]. I guess he figured out how to play a big stack a little better overnight...
Old 05-18-2007, 06:11 PM

nice love-fest we got going in this thread

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2007, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
technically its probably the 5K no limit 2 7 triple draw.

i guess possibly the 3K 7 card stud hi lo this year will have a smaller field than razz and more starting chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are right on both counts. I dont think the 2-7 field will be as large as it should be because of the rebuy structure, I wouldn't sit here without 5k-7k I'm ready to part with. Only high-rollers stand a chance.

I also agree with you about the S8b tourny, I plan on playing that one in place of the 2-7 since I can't afford burning through too many rebuys. Sad, because I might be within the top 10% of the 2-7 field [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]