Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2007, 06:55 PM

Default Re: a pryor15 film: teaser number 2

Wow, Pryor. That guy is pretty rude. yikes. You are remarkably calm in your replies to him.

I liked your teaser. Are they always this short? I never saw the first one so I can't compare the two. I really like the music you chose for it.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, Pryor. That guy is pretty rude. yikes. You are remarkably calm in your replies to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, you get enough people telling you your review is dumb and clearly you're an idiot b/c you didn't like some drivel like Lucky Number Slevin and you get good at disarming aggressive critics. also, i kind of got a lot of practice around the time the Lounge was created.

i might not have engaged him at all, but i'm really frazzled and burned out right now from editing (i'm sure Dom knows the feeling) and for him to criticize me like that with no real basis in fact just pissed me off. i take a lot of pride in my ability to maximize my stories, so to say none of my films have them wasn't going to set well with me.

gravida's plot, for example, was the result of roughly 500 emails between me and the actress. it probably took nearly 2 months to work out all the details.

[ QUOTE ]
I liked your teaser. Are they always this short? I never saw the first one so I can't compare the two. I really like the music you chose for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks. i generally go for ~30 seconds because for a short, if you go too much longer, i think it gives too much away, and i hate when trailers give away the whole film. for me, the teaser is generally supposed to say, "hey, this is what this film looks like" while hinting at themes and characters. just enough to get your interest without giving away the film.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess you have your reasons for secrecy. My best guess given the title and her demeanor, it seems she just told the guy who got her pregnant the happy news, and didn't get the reaction she expected. I'm not predicting a happy ending.

[/ QUOTE ]

you aren't completely wrong. but, there's something in the trailer that refutes that theory

this is fun. it's like being one of the writers on Lost

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2007, 08:41 PM

Is it that she's drinking wine and therefore not pregnant? Would that mean her bf knocked up another woman?
Old 05-17-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
gravida's plot, for example, was the result of roughly 500 emails between me and the actress. it probably took nearly 2 months to work out all the details.

[/ QUOTE ]

A bit excessive?
Old 05-17-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A bit excessive?

[/ QUOTE ]

not really, we were starting from scratch and probably went through a couple of different plots before i settled on one i liked. it was kind of a long brainstorming session
Old 05-17-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it that she's drinking wine and therefore not pregnant? Would that mean her bf knocked up another woman?

[/ QUOTE ]

the bf is no longer in the picture.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:37 AM

ot: pryor, are there any specific message boards for film buffs to discuss film, like the 2+2 of Film Discussion?
Old 05-18-2007, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ot: pryor, are there any specific message boards for film buffs to discuss film, like the 2+2 of Film Discussion?

[/ QUOTE ]

probably, but i don't know which one that would be

actually, the 2+2 of film discussion is probably the circle of film blogs. there's a ton of really great stuff out there.

if you go to my blog (100 films) there's a list of links on the sidebar. there's 2 big groups. the first one is really good film bloggers. the other is equally good film sites like Criterion and Greencine and whatnot

that should get you started.

there's also a bunch of blog-a-thons on various topics, which is a great way to find good film blogs...let me find a link...

here
Old 05-18-2007, 04:21 PM

for Dom, who's computer is weird

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WxTXcF3wYk

(give it a few minutes for YouTube to process it)