Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 01:21 PM

Default Serious?

Am I the only one that saw obvious sexual tension between them? I mean yeah she is not on the top of 2+2 posters list, but from what I saw they obviously weren't thinking about the chips.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Serious?

Sexual tensions?
God damn, he must be desperated! Poor Chad. Barry should teach him some playa [censored]!
Old 05-16-2007, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Serious?

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one that saw obvious sexual tension between them? I mean yeah she is not on the top of 2+2 posters list, but from what I saw they obviously weren't thinking about the chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely not. He tried to avoid the post-match hug she dove in for.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:21 PM

Default Re: gazes/brown insanity at NBC HU

[ QUOTE ]
Chad was obviously under the impression that Kristy recognized that this is a chop no matter what happens on the river so he saved the frustration by not betting the river. After all, there's no chance that Kristy folds the river and gives the pot to Chad, even if she didn't notice a nut board. She's going to call and there'll be a chop.

At least that's the rationale. I personally would have done it anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was no nut board. It was 66662. She had 99 and he had A2.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:31 PM

I don't think Chad was doing anything stupid, really. He was definitely playing soft against her most of the match and being really friendly. The most you can accuse him of is soft-playing, not being too dumb to realize he had the nuts and should bet it. He would have probably been insulting her intelligence by pushing and making her call with the Ace he thought she had. (It's like when two players have JT on an AKQ62r board in limit HE and keep raising each other until someone finally sighs in frustration saying "we have the same hand dammit stop raising!" and you feel insulted).

That said, it would have been great television if Chad good-naturedly smiled on the river (while Kristy was laughing the whole hand) and said "all-in!" almost with air quotes around it, which probably would have caused Kristy to say "I call!" in rhythm with a smile. The look on her face when the TD called the match over would have been unbeatable television.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:53 PM

wow, this is pretty bad, would have given anything for the allin from brown + the call from gazes...alas, not everything works out...
Old 05-16-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Chad was obviously under the impression that Kristy recognized that this is a chop no matter what happens on the river so he saved the frustration by not betting the river. After all, there's no chance that Kristy folds the river and gives the pot to Chad, even if she didn't notice a nut board. She's going to call and there'll be a chop.

At least that's the rationale. I personally would have done it anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was no nut board. It was 66662. She had 99 and he had A2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my mistake. I thought it was 6666A.

Chad Brown, you dummy. He definitely could have been called here.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:13 PM

how can you compare it to a lhe hand where people keep raising each other and eventually one stops?? in this hand the flop went chkchk, gazes bet the turn, chad called and gazes checked the river. hardly seems like she has an ace to me!
Old 05-16-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how can you compare it to a lhe hand where people keep raising each other and eventually one stops?? in this hand the flop went chkchk, gazes bet the turn, chad called and gazes checked the river. hardly seems like she has an ace to me!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not comparing the action. I'm comparing the hypothetical scenario that Chad pushes with an Ace and Kristy calls with an Ace and gets offended -- Chad feels bad for insulting his friend's intelligence by shoving there and by forcing her to put her chips in for the obvious chop.

Since we know Kristy doesn't have the ace, obviously it's correct for Chad to bet the river. But he wasn't sure, so he didn't want to risk the dick move because to his mind it was probably either piss her off or have her fold instantly -- meaning there's no upside. If he'd known she would call with less than an A, he may have bet. But clearly he didn't think she would.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:47 PM

Don't forget that if this was WPT and Chad checks in position with the nuts, whether or not Kristy also has the nuts, Chad cops a penalty.