Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 05:18 PM

Default Re: 3s everywhere!

I 3bet. I don't think anyone will put you on a set now and if BB is trying to adjust to an overagro SB, he may be capable of thinking that you're doing the same, potentially putting you on overcards. The turn may kill your action if it's an A/K or if someone is going crazy with overcards/draw themselves, especially a T9/T7/54 type hand that the agro SB may cap the flop with and lead the turn potentially putting us in the same position on the turn with extra bets going in on the flop.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:21 PM

One of the driving factors in my decision was putting BB on a hand range for betting this flop.

Also, regarding Miles' comment:

[ QUOTE ]
if anyone can read hands a flop coldcall means you have an overpair at least, but BB will never check a blank turn if he has a pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a flop coldcall in this spot looks much more like a stubborn AK than it does an overpair or better.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a flop coldcall in this spot looks much more like a stubborn AK than it does an overpair or better.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with this on the flop. But if you wake up on a non A/K/Q turn, it doesn't like like AK/AQ at all, although you win because if SB/BB has a pair, there is a good chance they won't fold it 3 handed.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
if anyone can read hands a flop coldcall means you have an overpair at least, but BB will never check a blank turn if he has a pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
if so, they aren't good at handreading. two overs get folded 100% of the time on this board. so my statement stands.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:12 PM

3 bet, add a little deception into the hand. I am pretty sure SB will lead out on the turn after you do that. Waiting till the turn is too obvious
Old 05-15-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3 bet, add a little deception into the hand. I am pretty sure SB will lead out on the turn after you do that.

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm pretty sure he'll rarely ever do that.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
if so, they aren't good at handreading. two overs get folded 100% of the time on this board. so my statement stands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it depends on who you're trying to read. Against a lot of bad players, I read a flop coldcall on a ragged board after a preflop raise to be two overcards, and it's often right. But you're right that a good player isn't ever coldcalling here with naked overs.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:11 PM

I'd jam this baby
Old 05-15-2007, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
probably doesnt matter what you do.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-16-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3bet. you'll get more action than by using the much scarier wait-for-the-turn line.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? Because if I'm either one of the Villains and Hero 3-bets here, I know he has at least TPTK and probably no less than an overpair. Whiffed overs are not three-jacking this ugly-ass flop.

I smooth-call this. The OP reads said that the two Villains have been dick-waving since the table got to three-handed. I say let them have their pissing contest; if we're really lucky, it will go raise/cap behind us, and then go bet/raise on the turn. Then we trey that mug and suddenly they're stuck in a 10+ BB pot drawing thin if not dead.

If we're going to give away the strength of our hand, anyway, I'd rather do it on the big-bet street.