Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 09:47 AM

Default Re: 200/400 one of the biggest laydowns ive made at 8b

i dont see why everyone knows this laydown was correct, he prolly had kj in the hole.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:30 PM

i think its the correct move to fold, after some delibaration i probably would make the same laydown but im a nit in s8.. but to elaborate on what BK said.. theres also the fact that NOBODY checks that board on 5th or 6th regardless.. if you ever sniffed your raising chips he can correctly assume he's in good shape w/ the low and probably knows you know that also.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont see why everyone knows this laydown was correct, he prolly had kj in the hole.

[/ QUOTE ]
He probably doesn't play KJ as aggressively on later streets. But OP says villain was raising 3rd with any hole cards, so it is not certain he has a made low, much less a wheel.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He probably doesn't play KJ as aggressively on later streets. But OP says villain was raising 3rd with any hole cards, so it is not certain he has a made low, much less a wheel.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was exagerrating but i dont think this is a slam dunk lay down like everyone thinks, and im shocked mike layed it down.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a little unclear about what OP meant. He said villain should always be raising with any hole cards, he didn't say he was always raising.

At any rate, I'm not convinced villain has a monster.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Where is he leaving any doubt? Please explain.....
Old 05-17-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His betting patterns are consistent with a wide range of hands, only one of which, for example, is a wheel.

I'd have to know more about villain, but his smooth call on 5th street can be interpreted in a number of ways. He could have been betting his draw and is now slow-playing a made hand, which would mean he's what Yardley calls a level-2 simpleton. Another possibility is that he's pushing cheese until 5th, whereupon he picks up a strong draw and now has too big of a draw to jam with.

But the basis of my reasoning is that villain's betting pattern is consistent with any two down cards, with the possible exception of 5th street. Note that he jams on cheap streets, and slows down when it's a double bet. I'm not saying he doesn't have a big hand, I'm just saying that it is not written in stone.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His betting patterns are consistent with a wide range of hands, only one of which, for example, is a wheel.

I'd have to know more about villain, but his smooth call on 5th street can be interpreted in a number of ways. He could have been betting his draw and is now slow-playing a made hand, which would mean he's what Yardley calls a level-2 simpleton. Another possibility is that he's pushing cheese until 5th, whereupon he picks up a strong draw and now has too big of a draw to jam with.

But the basis of my reasoning is that villain's betting pattern is consistent with any two down cards, with the possible exception of 5th street. Note that he jams on cheap streets, and slows down when it's a double bet. I'm not saying he doesn't have a big hand, I'm just saying that it is not written in stone.

[/ QUOTE ]

well put, the villain will raise any ace in that spot and on his board he will play it aggressive
Old 05-18-2007, 10:49 AM

I really liked this thread. The OP posts some great hands and I do like his analysis here. However, I don't see him making this laydown on the fly on card analysis alone. I know he addresses the kid's moves in terms of his probable hand but I'm guessing more than that led to the fold here. This one looks like feel when he would be getting about 4-1 to call to the river and he could be scooping now and or have outs either way. He thought/felt the kid had it and was probably right but I don't think the fold is necessarily correct based on a hand history alone.

Patty