Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 02:08 AM

Default Re: Dunking in basketball

Here's the program I'm going to use once I get down to my goal weight.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=859906
Old 05-16-2007, 05:17 PM

Raptor,

I'm your height (6'2) 195lbs and was able to dunk a girl's ball/volleyball in high school as well. I stopped doing pretty much anything for a few years after and started training again. After about 4-5 months of training (doing only squats/calf raises for legs and deadlifts) I can dunk pretty easily.

I think alot of people approach the dunk the wrong way. I find it much easier to use a 2 footed volleyball type approach to the basket but right now I can do a few different things even with my bum knees.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raptor,

I'm your height (6'2) 195lbs and was able to dunk a girl's ball/volleyball in high school as well. I stopped doing pretty much anything for a few years after and started training again. After about 4-5 months of training (doing only squats/calf raises for legs and deadlifts) I can dunk pretty easily.

I think alot of people approach the dunk the wrong way. I find it much easier to use a 2 footed volleyball type approach to the basket but right now I can do a few different things even with my bum knees.

[/ QUOTE ]

i feel like there has to be something to the approach that helps as well. i remember like my sophomore year i could kinda hit rim a bit, but then randomly during baseball season it was raining and we were working out inside, and i did some 2 stepper from straight on and jumped up and hung on rim for first time. ima go outside now and see if i can figure anything out.