Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2007, 01:35 PM

Default Re: 200nl: 3 bet AK vs 2 tight players...BOTH call, AK UI on flop

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The 2 plays I considered where pushing or c/f if UI on turn, but decided not to push since these guys are soooo freaking tight and the one guys range is basically TT+, AQ+.

I don't like betting 1/2 pot becuase if I really did have AA or KK I would push, so I think if I am going to make a play I might as well rep those hands and try to get TT-QQ to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would just open push with AA and the ace of clubs? Whether or not you'd actually do that, your opponents wouldn't actually expect you to.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I would do it.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The 2 plays I considered where pushing or c/f if UI on turn, but decided not to push since these guys are soooo freaking tight and the one guys range is basically TT+, AQ+.

I don't like betting 1/2 pot becuase if I really did have AA or KK I would push, so I think if I am going to make a play I might as well rep those hands and try to get TT-QQ to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would just open push with AA and the ace of clubs? Whether or not you'd actually do that, your opponents wouldn't actually expect you to.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but that makes no sense. You say you may as well rep those hands by doing something that you admit your opponents wouldn't expect you to do. So it feels like you aren't really repping those hands except in your own mind.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
c/f.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-13-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but that makes no sense. You say you may as well rep those hands by doing something that you admit your opponents wouldn't expect you to do. So it feels like you aren't really repping those hands except in your own mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I was trying to get at is that they would expect me to push with a vulnerable hand like KK - AA with NO club, they wouldn't expect me to push with the same hand with a club, since it is much stronger.

But if I push they will have to consider that I have AA? How couldn't they?
Old 05-13-2007, 02:30 PM

Anyway I think c/f UI is correct because one of them has QQ and I'm not sure they can fold. Since I have AK I tend to discount them having AA or KK but it is certainly possibly and I would be in a horrible spot if they called.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What I was trying to get at is that they would expect me to push with a vulnerable hand like KK - AA with NO club, they wouldn't expect me to push with the same hand with a club, since it is much stronger.

But if I push they will have to consider that I have AA? How couldn't they?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah they should. Probably if you take their ranges, and have them put you on AA and play accordingly, its +ev to simply open push. However it's a very dangerous game to play, hard to know opponents that well.

In grand scheme of things it's probably not that bad but you have to be damned sure they are folding something like QQ with queen of clubs.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:19 PM

lol easiest c/f ever