Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Laughs or Links!
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Jens Pulver Blog from TUF 5

[ QUOTE ]
I've been meaning to discuss this, and this seems like as good a place as any. Has there ever been a more pathetic reality TV appearance than that of Gabe Ruediger?

[/ QUOTE ]

He is probably top 5. He talked a lot, then didn't even cut the weight. There is always one person like that on every TUF season though (IDK about 'comeback', never watched it)

Reading 9 now

(And you mean Hill vs Diaz, not Cole vs Diaz)
Old 06-01-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

He is probably top 5. He talked a lot, then didn't even cut the weight. There is always one person like that on every TUF season though (IDK about 'comeback', never watched it)

Reading 9 now

(And you mean Hill vs Diaz, not Cole vs Diaz)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I suck at posting today. Corey Hill somehow shortened to Cole in my brain. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ray
Old 06-01-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've been meaning to discuss this, and this seems like as good a place as any. Has there ever been a more pathetic reality TV appearance than that of Gabe Ruediger?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy got a colonic on tv, let's not forgot that one.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:13 PM

Does everyone really think that Hill/Diaz is going to be a good fight? I think Diaz will roll right over him, this is probably why they have 2 fights next week, because Diaz beats Corey so quickly.

Hill is pretty much an imposter who lied about his experience to get on the show. He seems game which is good but I think he's outclassed and it was a fluke that he 'won" his first fight to even make the quarters.

For the record I hate Diaz. He comes off as one of the stupidest people I've ever seen. I'd be surprised if his IQ were much above 70 and on top of that he seems like a dick. That said I think he'll embarass Hill in Rd 1.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:43 AM

I tried, but I can figure out how to get the next blog from that site. Is it up yet? Link?
Old 06-08-2007, 11:27 AM

Ten just went up a minute ago:

http://www.insidefighting.com/betwee....aspx?uid=3674

Ray
Old 06-08-2007, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does everyone really think that Hill/Diaz is going to be a good fight? I think Diaz will roll right over him, this is probably why they have 2 fights next week, because Diaz beats Corey so quickly.

Hill is pretty much an imposter who lied about his experience to get on the show. He seems game which is good but I think he's outclassed and it was a fluke that he 'won" his first fight to even make the quarters.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Corey Hill did a fantastic job last night, despite losing. I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in the UFC anyways. He's trying like hell and growing as a fighter quickly.

Ray
Old 06-08-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ray

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks man.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Corey Hill did a fantastic job last night, despite losing. I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in the UFC anyways. He's trying like hell and growing as a fighter quickly.

Ray

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Hill did impress me in the beginning. However, after thinking about it after the fight, he really just managed to keep the fight standing for longer than I thought he would and seemed to have the advantage there with his reach and size.

He was able to frustrate Diaz for sure, and he was clearly getting the best of it on the feet. Still, once the fight went to the ground and he wound up in guard it was over within seconds. This is pretty much what I thought would happen, it just took a little longer to happen than I expected. It was still a first Rd. submission though.

Hill has potential, but IMO he was outclassed this time around.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ray

[/ QUOTE ]

He said that he is up two wins overall, but I disagree. You can't count a win against yourself, so, in my mind, he is up 1 win overall.