Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Re: QQ

Using your head in these spots is obviously important.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:29 PM

(So, I wrote all this and reached the conclusion that Hero should value-cap the turn. Luckily, I forgot to post it before I took my kid to school, and had time to rethink it. Read on to find out what my new conclusion is.)

[ QUOTE ]
For what itīs worth UTG was getting short stacked.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this mean, anyway? He's got 4bb? He's got 8bb? He's got 8bb but he just lost two big pots?

If your sense is that he's just been passively bleeding chips for a long time (the 4bb scenario), then I think this is much more likely to be an actual made flush from him. If he might be tilting (the "two big pots" scenario) then this could be atc. If he's just middling short, this is more likely to be a bad player overplaying a draw (with nothing or a made hand a bad player would be more likely to be just calling on the flop so as to "not lose customers").

So, that brings us to Button. This could be a set, made flush (not a small flush, tho), or strong draw. It's not two pair. It's unlikely to be a pair plus a draw, since what hand that matches up with this board that also contains a big spade is an unknown going to cold-call with preflop? It's unlikely to be an overpair, with the possible exception of JJ. It's unlikely to be AK. So, maybe AQ/AJ with one spade? So, his range is:

AQ, only one spade: 5 combos
AsQs/AsJs/KsQs/KsJs/QsJs: 5 combos
TT: 3 combo
66: 3 combo
33: 3 combo

So, you are for all intents and purposes ahead of 5, dead to 5, and drawing to 1 out against 9. The 5 hands you're ahead of and the 5 hands you're dead to effectively cancel each other out (all of the hands you're ahead of include a queen, so I'll reduce them to effectively 1 hand, 3 of the 5 you're behind include a queen, so let's reduce them to 3, and you'll see what I mean), so you're pretty much drawing to 1 out.

Fold.

The problem is that your immediate odds don't support drawing to 1 out and with the donator being short-stacked your implieds suck. If he were deep and a maniac, or if you had better reads on both players, that'd be a different story, but as it is fold.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:10 PM

I hate those situations where we're forced to spew with reverse implied odds. However, given the action any spade and we're done.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:41 PM

Yeah. Interesting decision.
The problem is: what do all the others have? One has a T obv, but does someone have a flush?
Actually, in 3-handed things like that I tend to push, i. e. cap the flop and see the turn.
Maybe that is a leak in my game, but all the other "experts" will help you out, I am sure.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah. Interesting decision.
The problem is: what do all the others have? One has a T obv, but does someone have a flush?
Actually, in 3-handed things like that I tend to push, i. e. cap the flop and see the turn.
Maybe that is a leak in my game, but all the other "experts" will help you out, I am sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

How the [censored] is it that unterfish hasn't been banned?
Old 05-11-2007, 11:43 PM

I just have him on ignore.