Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 05:18 PM

Default Re: 55 vs blinds + fun with 32o

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SB donked the flop in a protected TINY pot... just fold.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you looking at the same hand I'm looking at? I make it 9SB preflop with SB continuation-betting.

[/ QUOTE ]
Mixed views on this (me as well) but yes its 11SBs when its back to me and there's been a (probably) auto-continuation bet and a loose caller. I think I have the best hand here a lot and sometimes it going to play out very simply. Then again I'm going to lose a lot of the time as well.

I'm convincing myself I'm going to win ~7BB for 2BB more than enough to play it this way but ...

chez
Old 05-11-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

Quote:

hand 1 is silly. I fold the flop.

Could you give us some ground for your choice of action Oink? Just saying it's silly isn't very helpful.

Merely responding Chez own comment.

I think its silly cuz Hero is never folding a better hand and he doesnt have eq to raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Silly is fine [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] but what do you mean by hero is never folding the best hand?

chez
Old 05-11-2007, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"raise river rther than go for overcalls good? "

if you ever flip over quads after never putting in a bet or a raise anywhere you should go ahead and stab yourself in the face. you're not always going to get folds here, this looks more like you and SB trying to steal the chop than anything else.

[/ QUOTE ]
pretty sure I've been there and done that, got the scars to prove it, but didn't think it was close here. I don't think the other two have got anything (and if they have its probably a K).
Old 05-11-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

SB donked the flop in a protected TINY pot... just fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you looking at the same hand I'm looking at? I make it 9SB preflop with SB continuation-betting. And

[ QUOTE ]

Even if hero picks up a draw, eg 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not a draw: that's trips. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya ok maybe not tiny, but not big enough to invest 2 SBs on that board. So maybe calling isnt that bad with the backdoors and in position, but I see no need to raise here. I really dont see what Hero accomplishes with a raise.

EDIT: Jesus! I am missing the preflop action completely! It got 3-bet preflop and the bet on the flop is not a donk but a c-bet.

Disregard everything I said so far. I am not folding and I dont think raising is horrible compared to calling.

5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] -> 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or a 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Sorry, should have reviewed my post.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

Quote:

hand 1 is silly. I fold the flop.

Could you give us some ground for your choice of action Oink? Just saying it's silly isn't very helpful.

Merely responding Chez own comment.

I think its silly cuz Hero is never folding a better hand and he doesnt have eq to raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Silly is fine [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] but what do you mean by hero is never folding the best hand?

chez

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Chez. I read the hand like it was donked on the flop and I didnt think a raise by Hero would ever fold a better hand. But I misread your hand so nevermind!
Old 05-11-2007, 07:05 PM

I actually misread the preflop action the same as Oink this hand.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:11 PM

I also misread the action.
I'm definately not folding the flop. I just call and assess the turn action though. I don't want to bloat the pot and set myself up for possibly folding the best hand to a semibluff reraise. also we can get out cheaper if the caller wakes up on a scary turn.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:13 AM

LoL did everybody misread this hand? I'm glad to hear that thou cause folding on flop to a c-bet for 1 SB in a 3-bet pf 3-way pot just seamed soo weak. I think it's a good chance we have the best hand on the flop but off course it's very vunerable. Raise or call? I stick to raise and fire again on a turn that doesn't seem too scary. If I don't pick up the pot there I probably try to take a free SD. (Thats assuming we don't hit the set offcourse)